Let me run this by you all.

by is there help out there 6 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

a friend of mine caused some distress to JWs by talking to them about their reasons for going round knocking on doors. The conversion went something like this: So you want me to convert. If I do not convert, I will be damned when I die? JW yes that is right. Only those who believe will be with God after the end of the world. But what if I live a good and righteous life. Won`t he judge me on my merits as a good person. JW no. you must believe, or you cannot be with God. What about the people who were never told about God? will they be damned because they never has the opportunity to convert? JW: No` God will judge those people an how they lived there lives. So` by going around telling people about God` you yourself are directly responsibly for them being damned. If you had never offered me a chance to convert, God would judge me solely on how I lived my life, but now I am going to be damned because of you. At that point, they scurried away confused and dazed.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that all people who die at Armageddon (soon to come) will die eternally. Those who die before will be resurrected to earth and be tested over a 1,000 year period. But to survive Armageddon, the WTS teaches you must be a baptized jw.

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 par. 7 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history.

Another scripture they use is Ezekiel 9:6 and say that the mark is baptism as a jw.

*** w96 1/15 p. 17 par. 9 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***As an unbaptized publisher progresses spiritually, he may make a dedication to God in prayer and want to be baptized. (Compare Mark 1:9-11.) He should make his desire for baptism known to the congregation’s presiding overseer, who will arrange for elders to review with the publisher the questions on pages 175 to 218 of OrganizedtoAccomplishOurMinistry. The four parts into which the questions are divided may be covered in three sessions by three different elders if possible. If they agree that the unbaptized publisher has a reasonable understanding of Bible teachings and qualifies in other ways, they will tell him that he may be baptized. As a result of his dedication and baptism, he becomes ‘marked’ for salvation.—Ezekiel 9:4-6.
    *** w89 1/15 p. 20 par. 20 How Baptism Can Save Us ***And what is the "mark"? It is the evidence that we are dedicated to Jehovah and are Jesus’ baptized disciples who have a Christlike personality.
  • crazycate
    crazycate

Blondie:

This is from the Public WT of April 1, 2008, "God's battle is directed solely against those humans whom God judges to be incorrigibly wicked."

A much softer message for the general public. Annoying.

Cate

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

So if I were to believe in this, by killing me a JW would actually be doing me some favor?

• carla
    carla

Kinjiro, I have heard of some funerals of non jw's where a jw will say it is a good thing they died because now they will have a chance at the resurrection. Ahh, gotta love that jw compassion.

(marking for Blondies quotes)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thats pretty good. To bad my mother didnt think of that before I was born, I could have had a different life.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes we should be supressing "the truth" and keeping it secret so we can save Billions from death!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit