Why Jw's Are so Blind to the REAL TRUTH?

by disneycuty 17 Replies latest jw friends

• disneycuty
    disneycuty

Hi Again,

Now that I am out I have a hard time understanding why people accept these changes from The Society as "New Light" and than view it as "TRUTH."

When I remember reading the scripture that "Satan blinds the minds of the unbeliever." I didn't know that scripture applies to Jehovah's Witness.

• rhett
    rhett

They're in a cult. After you get done reading Franz's books check out "Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steven Hassan. Read it sometime and you'll see more than a few similarities between just about any cult out there (Moonies, hare krishnas, Branch Davidians) and JW's.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Bang
    Bang

I think there's many different reasons.

- Too scared of a nasty god to consider reason
    - Impressed by grandeur and power (the armageddon ideas etc)
    - Competition lifestyles
    - Unwarranted belief in self goodness (everyone else is 'evil')
    - A religion that doesn't require giving up material things (babylon), but engages proselysing instead (easier on the flesh)
    - Unwarranted belief in intelligence (knowledge of God etc)

There's heaps of reasons, each to their own.

Bang

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I think, and I am trying to be a bit serious, that all the lies and misrepresentations and name-calling and shouting and pure evil expressions and slandering and deceitfulness one sees from the side of the opposers and apostates, makes one cling even stronger to what one believes to be the truth, because these opposers are so evil in their behaviour towards plain Witnesses, that they hunt or scare you back into the group, if you try to stick out your neck and engage in what you hope will be a fruitful discussion.

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

They are blinded to the real truth because of all the reasons why we were blinded when we were involved. It's easy to ask why - hard to find the answer.

Ofcmad

"Noah was a drunk and look what he accomplished." The Metatron/ Dogma
  • larc
    larc

disneycuty,

When you belonged to the religion, why did you accept it as the real truth?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Old Hippie,

For once I quite agree with you about some of the imtemperate rhetoric and behavior used by opposers and that it reinforces the worst stereotypical imagery of the hell-bent apostate fostered by the WTBTS.

On the other hand, the WTBTS is culpable by refusing to recognize the principle of loyal dissent; i.e. that even well-intentioned, honorable feel may on occasion have just reason to object or even criticize, current policies and doctrines, often constructively, in the interests of making something better.

Whatever side of the issue on which one stands, it often can be a crucial error to ascribe ill will to the other side. This is as true within the ranks of the JWs as it is within the halls of Congress.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Maybe people wouldn't react to you that way Hippie if you weren't so hurtful and insulting in everything you post. It has nothing to do with the fact that you're a witness, it's the fact that you're a jackass that gets people upset.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Room 215, Amen to you, and I whole-heartedly agree; if only everything did not have to be that 100 % or that square or whatever it is called, life would have been so very much simpler. On the point of doctrine, as an example, imagine if we could have had an in-depth magazine of some kind issued for example twice a year or so, giving pro and cons on a topic or two, such as soul or trinity or whatever, just to give an example, that one could discuss a bit. And if one could recognize that even if things are done very differently and by no means according to the "book" or "regulations", people doing it in different ways have a heart just as interested in achieving "good" as have the others, that we have common goals even if the manners and acts and ways are different - then much of all these problems would have disappeared, because we would have TRUST in the others' goals or objectives or honest intentions.
    Naeblis - I see you stick to your name-calling and insults, and I have no intentions of lowering myself down to your level.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Lower yourself?? LOL. Poor Hippie. All that weed smoke coming out of your sons room has fried your memory. Go take a look at 99 percent of your own posts and then tell me that you don't do the same thing except unprevoked. :P Now, in fears of us becoming another Prisca/Tina (sorry ladies) I bid you good-day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit