Beware Of Mailman!

by Yadirf 21 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF

Why is a roadside mailbox sitting inside the fence, halfway to the house?

COMF

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

Yadrif wrote;

You're friends with ChuckD, aren't you Flip? Well, is ChuckD one of "Jehovah's Witnesses"?

If I am, I had best dig out a cheap suit and hit the streets; there are magazines that need placing. The time is short!
  • dubla
    dubla

excellent point....guess the artist was really reaching for a laugh.

aa

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Yadirf,
    I can see where you are comming from.
    I try to treat all animals with kindness as much as I can, and it seems the older I get the more kindness I feel towards animals.
    But let a dog try and bite me, and it might be the last thing he tries.
    Don't get me wrong I will try to avoid harming the animal but if it comes down it, I have attacked dogs when my secutity or the security of others was invovled. I felt I had no choice and that it was nessarry.
    Funny thing but when a dog senses that you will kill it if provoked they usually retreat, that is if it hasn't been trained.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • LDH
    LDH

I was attacked by a dog once.

But the funniest was when my brother was attacked by a goat who had chewed through his lead rope.

He had my 13 yr old brother running round and round the yard hiding behind trees and such. Man, what a great time the whole car group had.

Also, there was a lady who kept watch geese; those were some mean bastards.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

COMF

Actually that’s something not entirely unheard of, COMF. But first, I’m surprised that you failed to notice that there’s as much as two things wrong with the FLAG. Not only is it on the wrong side of the box but it’s turned backwards itself. LOL.

Why do a few people want rural-type mailboxes up inside their fenced yards?

I’ve seen a few instances of this over the years. AND, there are also those who, although they don’t get curb-side delivery, yet they still install a curb-side box. I think that in both cases there is a common reason for doing it that way. Although I’ve never inquired as to the specific purpose for such a box being placed in the yard, I always figured it was for more privacy. I think that some people really do object to having others being at their front door almost every day of the year, even if it is for just a few brief seconds each time. And so if the mailbox is placed out in the front yard, it’s only on rare occasions then that such a homeowner’s privacy is jeopardized … which is when mail delivery personnel approach within hearing distance of the thin walls of the house. Don’t forget either that those type boxes are lockable … which adds a bit more security than the usual box placed on the wall of the house. This type box, even though it’s right next to the front door, doesn’t offer the same security for the more important mail that people receive, as does the lockable rural-type. Of course there has to be a slot for the mail to go through, and most mail carriers hate having to feed mail into such narrow openings.

Other reasons as to why some postal patrons, although not receiving curb service, will place their mailbox out on the curb anyway is that they simply have compassion for their mailman. They see him trudging through the snow in wintertime, etc., and wish to make life more bearable by saving him the extra steps it would take to bring the mail on up to the porch. The sad part of it all, and something which most people don’t know about, is that for every step the public might wish to save their favorite mail carrier from having to take, that carrier’s supervisor is determined to merely add it right back on to him by way of extending his route … giving him MORE territory to cover. Nice world ("system")!

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Yardif,postmen must have some funny stories.Whats the funniest thing a postmans been chased by?..MERRY CHRISTMAS...OUTLAW

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

OUTLAW

Whats the funniest thing a postmans been chased by?
    I'm real disappointed that you didn't see any humor in my story about being chased by the "little monster", OUTLAW. LOL.

I guess in my own case it was being chased by my own conscience. LOL. There was this one time I broke the side-mirror out of my Postal three-wheeler ... when I threw a huge rock at a hound that'd just took a nip at me and then tried to run away. I threw that blamed rock harder than I’d ever thrown anything in my life (thinking "Kill! Kill!" as I let loose of it, LOL.), not realizing that the rather large side-mirror was in my line of throw. Glass went everywhere of course, and my face turned red as a beet as I slithered into my mail vehicle and hurriedly drove on over to my next loop a block away.

Fortunate for me, upon finishing my route I stopped by a former schoolmate's glass shop and he replaced the mirror for me free so that I wouldn't have to report my "crime" to my supervisor. LOL. Unless one of my customers observed what happened, I guess that only he and I ever knew what I had done ... cause I never told NOBODY!!! LOL.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Yardirf,I did like your little monster story,the one you just told was good too.Thanks!..MERRY CHRISTMAS ...OUTLAW

• wallaby jack
    wallaby jack

US mailboxes have always puzzled me .. thanks folks.

Country mailboxes around here can be anything from old gearbox casings and fridges to plastic icecream containers on posts .. but most are large milkcans turned sideways. No locks on any of 'em .. gee wouldn't it be a shame if someone took your bills. My favorite letterbox is a raised 5 gallon drum a few miles down the road that's bottom half is completely rusted out .. any mail goes sailing in the wind .. the bloke doesn't like mail i guess lol.

Yadirf your picture reminds me of a new brother who quietly threatened to stick the watchtower and awake up a householders bum if he didn't take 'em. (the man sheepishly went and got the money)
    .. true story - bro Rouse of Fulham Gdnes is a big man lol.

unclebruce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit