COMMENTS YOU WILL NOT HEAR AT THE WT STUDY Nov, 24-20, 2008

by Mary 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

An article for the holiday season, to remind the flock to stay separate...This demonises "The World" , makes it seem a scary and dangerous place , keeping the flock within the invisible but very real walls that fence in the J W..."If it is not from the WTS, then it is from Satan" is the message in this WT study..Unlike Waco, the the dubs do not actually live in a compound but they have to adopt the same mentality as those that did so.

NB par 20 encourages discretion in chasing entertainment , fair enough but I recently had this pointed out to me - somewhat extreme perhaps?

18 If Habakkuk were alive now, would he not be appalled by the violence of our time? Many are steeped in violence from their youth on. Cartoons that enthrall boys and girls feature violence—one character tries to smash, blow up, or otherwise destroy another.

LIVE WITH JEHOVAHS DAY IN MIND - C 9.P120

Better hide the Bugs Bunny videos !

• bobld
    bobld

Q17 here is the link..".jwemployees.bracehost.com" Also did anyone see the big rock on the right hand of fds D.Spane,talk of showy display.

Bob

• Mary
    Mary
    If Habakkuk were alive now, would he not be appalled by the violence of our time? Many are steeped in violence from their youth on. Cartoons that enthrall boys and girls feature violence—one character tries to smash, blow up, or otherwise destroy another.

Not that I'm condoning all the violence we see around us today, but the above statement makes it sound as though Habakkuk froliced in the Garden of Eden or some other idealistic paradise. It's a well known fact that violence was a way of life in biblical times and the scriptures----in particular the Old Testament----is full of graphic violence which in alot of ways, is worse than what we see today.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

These are comments I won't hear alright... cuz I'm not going! Yay for me!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The apostate speech spoken of at 2 Tim. 2:14-18 was teaching that the resurrection had already occurred.

Now exactly where in the bible does it teach that the 144,000 have been resurrected to heaven since 1914?

• Mary
    Mary
    The apostate speech spoken of at 2 Tim. 2:14-18 was teaching that the resurrection had already occurred. Now exactly where in the bible does it teach that the 144,000 have been resurrected to heaven since 1914? It would seem the society enjoys indulging in apostate speech.

Excellent point MM. If teaching that the resurrection had already occurred 2,000 years ago was considered "apostate", then what makes the teaching that it happened in 1918 any different?

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Excellent work, Mary. You have a gift for logical analysis. I always enjoy your comments.

Good point, MM. I will never understand how the WTS ignores the Bible warning about putting black for white and white for black. If God doesn't change, why do they?

If the resurrection did start several decades ago, I wonder what Russell and Rutherford are saying about what the WTS is now doing. Russell in particular must be pulling his hair (and his white beard) out and pacing back and forth.

• Flash
    Flash

21 paragraphs of Guilt Manipulation.

No one is right with God UNLESS they're following the approved Spiritual Program.

• Mary
    Mary

Bluesbrother said: An article for the holiday season, to remind the flock to stay separate...

Ya.....but seeing as I made the front cover of the Craptower magazine this month, you'd think they would have at least asked my input for the study article:

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Mary,

If you were the one writing, the WT would not be full of such bs, but would be logical and based on fact.....not made up doctrine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit