all scientific discoveries are lies made up for money!

by DoomVoyager 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I was talking to a dub the other day about how the Genesis account cannot be true, becuase archeologists have found hundreds - maybe thousands - of human remains and artifacts that predate 4000 B.C.

Their response? "They're all lies made up to get research grants."

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's not just Witnesses though. Just ask a global warming denier why scientist took note of the greenhouse effect; it's a scam to get research grants!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Not even remotely on the same scale of stupidity though.

EDIT: to clarify, the accusation is exactly the same; big conspiracy to get money. But the fact that humans have existed for more than 6000 years is unassailable; global warming is far less substantiated. Please nobody derail this with an argument about global warming.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Well, duh! How many people here would work their jobs if they weren't paid for doing it?

Having been raised by a scientist I can tell you that an honest one will tell you that the best research is done in an open environment where EVERYTHING is questioned.

Witnesses, with their stance against education and subsequent total lack of understanding of the benefits of same, easily fall victim to this kind of distortion. My Encyclopedia of the Bible (published by Zondervan a main stream Christian publisher) says that careful analysis of the Hebrew in the Genesis account puts many of the events as much as 100,000 years ago.

• wings
    wings

I am sure if that "friend" had checked in the reasoning book they could have come up with the proper BS answer. Independent thinking gone amuck. When will they learn!

wings

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"the fact that humans have existed for more than 6000 years is unassailable; global warming is far less substantiated."

But equally unassailable. The fact that humans have been here for tens of thousands of years did not become a "fact" just because the 100th piece of evidence came to light, it became "fact" for all intents and purposes when the 1st piece of evidence was scrutinized from all angles and shown to be accurate.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yes all these scientific discoveries such as gravity, viruses, antibiotics, proper nutrition, washing one's self, etc etc are all lies!!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its true that grants are needed at times to establish scientific research but there has to be a beneficial reason to obtain one,

what is most important is what those specific studies reveal and how they interconnect with other studies to fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

All of this effort accomplishes a clearer understanding of the world we live in.

By the way Geological studies of the earth have proven profoundly that that earth is much older than 6000 years or more .

If all of your knowledge of the world comes from only Watchtower magazines or ancient manuscripts you will never understand anything

more than those people that lived in ancient times

Amen to science

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The Watchtower discoveries are lies made up for money...........The Truth

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I am applying for a research grant to study the "Buttered Cat" phenomenon . . .

What is the "Buttered Cat"?? phenomenon you all ask . . .

Simple . .

When you drop a piece of butterd bread which side ALWAYS hits the ground?

The buttered side of course.

When you drop a cat . . which side ALWAYS hits the ground??

The feet . . of course.

So . . if you glue a piece of buttered bread on the back of a cat and then drop the cat/buttered bread array . . .

WHICH side hits the ground?? HMMM???

I think we have an anti-gravity device here . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit