When Laws of the Land are Crooked....

by cameo-d 8 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

This is going on in many cities now. Is it happening where you live?

http://www.photoblocker.com/www/vidpop_rlc.html

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

well what do you think about it, Silenttone?

If you are supposed to "obey the laws of the land" does this mean you are not allowed to voice your opinion or protest when laws are not for your safety but have been contrived to entrap you?

Does WT train people to just accept abuse of power?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Having been nearly killed by a driver running a red light, I'm all for it. Here's a clue: when the light turns yellow, stop. If the guy behind me rear ends me my lawyer and I will have fun with his insurance money.

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

They have it established in PA where i was staying at, but they dont have it here in SC.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Having been nearly killed by a driver running a red light, I'm all for it. Here's a clue: when the light turns yellow, stop. If the guy behind me rear ends me my lawyer and I will have fun with his insurance money. Personally I am against it. People that run lights dont care. And a lot of them dont have insurance. It just becomes a hassel to me. They will have it set to make money. Florida is full of speed traps. So was Ohio when I lived there. If someone rear ends you and they dont have insurance you and your lawyer wont be able to have fun with their money. My wife has been rear ended twice in the past 8 years by people who had little and no insurance. You go to jail if you drive without a licence or insurance but that doesnt pay your doctor bill, car repair or aggrevation. And people that live that way like jail. They get 3 hot meals a/c and a vacation.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I am all for anything that will catch wreckless drivers and red light runners.

What I object to is that this is being promoted as a "safety measure" for the public and it indeed is NOT.

Before these red light cameras were installed, the standard timing for yellow lights was 3.5 to 4 seconds.

Because the camera vendors are taking a cut of the fines, their contracts require a quota. One state has quota of 18 tickets per intersection per day. The only way the city could meet that quota was to shorten the length of the yellow light to purposley entrap people.

Over the years, I am sure lots of taxdollars have been spent in surveys and gathering data to determine the optimum time length for those lights. Now, they are throwing safety out the window for an evil opportunity to generate revenue.

It has now been proven that rear end collisions have increased 29% since changing the timing to less than 3 seconds on the yellow lights.

I object to the pretentious lies touting this as a public safety measure when it is really for an evil greedy agenda. Those officials who have approved such a thing have betrayed the public trust.

• FairMind
  • mkr32208
    mkr32208

It is the responsiblity of the citizens to keep it's goverment in line. Throw a tire over that f*cker and light it on fire...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit