Have you seen or heard about this group? Sounds familiar?

by Cindi_67 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I thought it was only my hall that did not have windows on the building, what a bunch of freeks.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Ah, fear-based gerentocracy under the guise of theocracy. Hey, everybuddy needs a gang ..... I guess???? ///////// Those evil worldly media moguls must have put some fear in these brethren, for all those efforts to have been made to save face in the end. How nice of the evil Satan to take care of his own and help them get reunited with their families and/or have their new lifestyles funded. :O) ///////// God myths and ritual behaviours (aka religion) are useful tools for mind control. Arguably, no better or worse than any other tool for mind control, depending on who is doing the wielding, though I'm increasingly partial to consensual behaviour based on plain old honesty about what we can truly handle at any given moment. IMAGINE the turmoil and trouble that could be saved/averted if a gerentocracy, or any other leadership for that matter, were just honest enough to say to potential defectors, hey, there are limits to what we can help you with due to the extreme limitations of our own fears and prejudices about the big bad world around us that we don't understand. Plus, we've been giving said world such a cold shoulder for so many years on any kind of real neighbourly level that we don't honestly know how to function in it ourselves, beyond this here set-up, on any kind of real neighbourly level, and since we have doubts ourselves as to how to apply the principles we claim to believe in and expound over and over in the face of unknown forces and powers, we are choosing not to support your defection, but we wish you well whatever choice you make and won't stand in your way. We can tell you that many before you have tried to defect and think for themselves after being mentally coddled from birth. It's not unlike learning to walk after being carried your whole life and building up no muscles. From what we've seen, the outcome of their rebellions, against our self-proclaimed authority, permitted by an absentee god, can really go either way happiness-wise, so it's a gamble at best. That said, we feel responsible to keep up this here charade with all those still counting on us to keep them in somewhat of a relatively comfortable existence and safe bubble of known evils they've been contained in for so many years, worshiping us in god's absentia, so if ya go, you're on your own, but hey, if you ever really want to come back, just let us know. Maybe we can learn something from what we currently perceive as your mistakes and perhaps we can form a coalition to reinforce the fears of others so that they won't rebel against our sincere attempts at universal sovereignty. I guess god versus eeeeevillll just sounds so much simpler, hey. /////////// Dirty laundry? It's a fact of life in any gang. And other than a few stubborn stains, it mostly comes out in the wash. I'm not sure it's called god so much as nature and cause and effect. (With apologies for the large block of text)

• yknot
    yknot

When good Xtians go bad......

Moderation is never overrated!

The need to dominate and to dictate others seems to be strong trait in humanity.

LOL the Pharisees were once considered moral and God fearing too......

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this, I'd never heard of them before. This will be a great thing too show to JWs. It's another group, so they'll see the cultish mind-control techniques for what they are without automatically dismissing all criticisms... but at the same time they won't be able to help seeing the similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit