Jesus was sexually abused

by excito-are 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• excito-are
    excito-are

After attending a recent lecture on the Priesthood of Christ by Alan Torrance some interesting information was given regarding the abuse suffered by Christ at the hands of the Roman soliders. In short, during that time period the Soliders would sexually abuse their prisoners." The bible describes Jesus as being stripped and mocked which is in fact code being sexually abused by the Roman soliders. " (Torrance).

The point of Jesus being fully human and experiancing the full blows of being betrayed by best friends, humilated, oppressed, tortured is that God takes all that is human experiance to know man to and then enable man to get to know God. In essance taking what is ours so we might have what is his. This is the first time I had come across this information. Not sure if any of you had read any on this?

Excito

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Never read this before. See, this kind of thing reinforces my belief that there is no god (in the traditional sense of the unseen being aka "guy on the fly in the sky"). I simply cannot fathom any parent standing idly by and allowing this kind of thing to happen to their son. Gawd, to me, is more of a concept capturing the collective world's cause and effect matrix. Maybe that's a fancy-schmancy way of saying mother nature over father time. *shrug*

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

There will always be something new coming out about jesus, be it from watchtower, christian, islam, the theists, theoriticals, the hypocriticals.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

After attending a recent lecture on the Priesthood of Christ by Alan Torrance some interesting information was given regarding the abuse suffered by Christ at the hands of the Roman soliders. In short, during that time period the Soliders would sexually abuse their prisoners." The bible describes Jesus as being stripped and mocked which is in fact code being sexually abused by the Roman soliders. " (Torrance).

The point of Jesus being fully human and experiancing the full blows of being betrayed by best friends, humilated, oppressed, tortured is that God takes all that is human experiance to know man to and then enable man to get to know God. In essance taking what is ours so we might have what is his. This is the first time I had come across this information. Not sure if any of you had read any on this?

Excito

thats very interesting excito. But I think I agree with spaz. The Jesus story particularly as described above helps us to juxtapose hate and ugliness with the love and beauty we undoubtedly see in human existence and still be and know that we are a part of it. Taking it like that makes more sense to me and I can see in my own way what you mean about God becoming human and experiencing humanity.

• possible-san
    possible-san

I discussed this subject before in the bulletin board of my website.

I had pointed out a possibility that soldiers made Jesus stark-naked.
    If you wish, a material will be put up here.

possible
    http://godpresencewithin.web.fc2.com/

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Torrance seems to like speculation as much as Russell. The Bible doesn't say anything about Christ being sexually abused and I for one see the idea as nothing more than sensationalism for attention.

• possible-san
    possible-san

JimmyPage

The Bible doesn't say anything about Christ being sexually abused

I think that the conclusion is rash.
    We are discussing nothing from the Scriptures about that subject yet.

Please watch Matthew 27:28,31 of this video.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=EHme4STYZao

• zagor
    zagor

Intriguing! I’m not familiar with procedures of Roman torture but if that is what they did to others about to be executed then I have not much reason to believe that Jesus’ case was somehow special and devoid of that. Thank you for the input, will have to find out more about it.

• ninja
    ninja

the torture stake takes on a whole new meaning

• caliber
    caliber

To see reenactment of the whipping's and mocking and finally to disowning Him as worse than a criminal

so profoundly disturbing to me that I can not bare to think further beyond this !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit