Freewill or Ultimatum?

by cameo-d 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Reading this question and trying to answer it has convinced me that there could not have been an Adam.

No free will. No ultimatum.

It would not have made sense for an all powerfull and all wise being to create either scenario and then react the way he did.

Case closed.

But...but..but...

what if there was an Adam?

Would that mean that maybe 'god' is not the benevolent, all powerful and wise being you think he is?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

As far as I see it, Adam was created with free will just like all of us. God just told him he could eat everything in the garden and enjoy its beauty, but told him from the tree of life he couldn't touch it or take any thing from it for if you do positively will die. God was stating a fact. All I see here is God explaining to Adam the conditions in which to live his life. But there is something you can't do, you can't touch the tree in the middle of the garden. Very simple,really. Where is the Ultimatum in that? It is a simple instruction how difficult could it be? He has all the other trees and vegetation he had no need to seek out that tree. He had free will to do as he pleased with in God's paradise earth. But he screwed it up when his wife Eve became mesmerized by the serpent and so she ate and then later convinced her husband to give up his free will freely without hesitation and partake freely and willingly of that fruit. It was at that point when Adam realized what he had done with his freedom, he had just lost it ashamed of his nakedness and his wife feeling the same way covered themselves with fig leaves and hid from God , When God spoke out Adam Adam where are you and then he answered God and told God what he and Eve had done he immediately blamed that women you gave me she is the one who is a fault. But God didn't accept that lame excuse, I mean they had free will to choose and they chose the to disobey and it was the act of disobedience to the law of God they they ultimately had to pay the price of leaving the garden of Eden and that Eve women well her birth pains would increase greatly and her husband would have to till the ground with the sweat of his brow and thorns and thistles will grow and you will die. And so God placed an angel with a sword that guarded the entrance to that beautiful paradise and don't you think for one moment they didn't cry streams of tears for their outright choice of disobedience. It was the that out right act of disobedience that resulted in the loss of free will and imposed the consequences for their deliberate act of disobedience. You see they were perfect they made the choice as a perfect man and women. The ultimate price was paid they had more children but they died with in that day or that 1000 years. I hope you understand what it is I am trying to present here. I don't believe for one minute God predestined Adam. Adam's actions were evident in the fact that he and his wife hid because of their guilt and shame. They immediately thought that nakedness was shameful and yet naked bodies are beautiful. That serpent the Devil knew how to mess with Eve's mind. She messed with Adam's mind and that was the end for all of them. Today we live in misery because of their single act of outright disobedience to God, just think what it would be like had they not disobeyed God? I believe that God can allow circumstances to crop up and present themselves when we least expect or they happen and we don't even realize it was or is happening. We are free moral human beings endowed with that free will. Job proved to God that despite the Devil a man who wasn't perfect could be faithful to God no matter what Satan did to him. God blessed Job many many times over for his obedience and humility and had he not been remained faithful to God was their and ultimatum for him? For Jesus was their an ultimatum for him too? Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit