My son playing at The Bitter End NYC

by Champion 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

My son will be playing again this coming Sunday November 30th at The Bitter End NYC. He will play a 30 minute set starting at 7:30. He is 17 and plays piano and guitar. If anyone is downtown please stop by and check him out. It is $5.00 to get it. His name is Nicholas James. We will be there to support him along with one of my brothers who is also an Ex-Jw. If you do stop by please say hello to us so we can buy you a drink. You will know me by the proud mom grin on my face. Patricia www.myspace.com/nicholasjamesconforti

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey, i added him to my MySpace page,

tell him thanks!

I am purpledoodles

purps

• Champion
    Champion

Hey thanks purp..I did notice you on his friends page!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

cool!!! check out my drawings at my page!!! purps

• oompa
    oompa

weird...i tag this so i can remember to set up a myspace and faceboook page....esp since my son is in a kickass band that has now played from ny to atlanta...but i have been there....not in nyc but in virgin gorda, bvi....is there any connection?....if i am not mistaken the bittter end yacht club is one of the oldest in the world......oompa

• Champion
    Champion

Hi Oompa..Is it your son that is at Bethel that has a band? Do they have a myspace I would love to check him out. The Bitter End is a club on Bleeker Street in NYC. It's pretty famous for upcoming artists during the 60s 70s and so on. What they do on Sundays is have new writer composers come and play acoustically. It is just amazing to watch your kid doing what they are passionate about and supporting them unlike my life as JW.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I think I can be there...

A@G

• Champion
    Champion

That would be cool. His name is Nicholas James and he will go on at 7:30 for 30 minutes. I will be there(of course) and my brother and sister-in-law all ex-jw's. My names is Patricia Conforti so please ask for me so we can meet.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Champion! Bill Haley and the comets played there years ago. Bill's picture is up on the wall as you come inside with his 45rpm record.

I, my son, and Bill Haley's son Scott Haley went there about 4 years ago. We sat with Paul Colby the owner, we were his guest. He has a book out called "The Bitter End".

I met him when he came to my office for a free hearing test. That's when I got his book also.

Later we went to The Bitter End as his guest. We were going to do a screen play about the bitter end and Paul Colby's life story, but it didn't pan out for us. We haven't been in contact with Paul since about two years now.

All the best to you and yours. Sorry that we can't make it to the show it would of been nice to meet you, your son and Paul again.

Blueblades

• Champion
    Champion

Hi Blueblades.. Small world isn't it. When my son played there in October and we went I was amazed at what a small venue it is. I can only imagine how great it would have been to be there when the likes of the Comets, Neil Young and many more played. It really feels more like a large living room as opposed to a club. Thanks again for the good wishes, and too bad about the screenplay it sounds as if it would be pretty interesting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit