Wow, Was This Really 28 Years Ago?

by Englishman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

This Friday, December 7th., is our 28th wedding anniversary. Her Ladyship and I intend to visit our favourite restaurant, Dimitri's, for a slap-up Greek meal plus a considerable quantity of excellent wine.

Its a time when we like to reflect on our life together, the lows as well as the highs that we have experienced over the years. Mainly, our life has been one of laughter and fun. We have 3 fine sons and I love 'em to bits.

Sometimes we laugh at our first day out, back in May '73. A friend invited us to spend the day with him on his sloop sailing in the Solent. Trouble was, the boat was in a deep water mooring, so I had to row out across Langstone Harbour in a small dinghy. About half-way out we got caught in the tide which swept us under the anchor chain of a larger vessel and were both tipped into the water. Her Ladyship came to the surface swimming strongly and, to my delight burst out laughing.

Eventually we made it to the sloop and my 2 ex-dub pals offered to take our soaking clothes to the launderette for drying. We were left alone in sleeping bags to await their return. They were gone for a long, long time.....

The next week we were sailing again, here we are, dry this time, I cant believe this pic is over 28 years old:

Hope you liked the pic!

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You make a nice couple...OUTLAW

• moman
    moman

English, nice story....27 yrs. for me!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

28 YEARS? That's great eman! You and Your Lady deserve a congratulations! Not many can committ to much of anything half that time. Glad you're so happy!

Cheers - \!/ clink!

Andi

• LDH
    LDH

This is a wonderful picture--you've been married almost as long as I've been alive--wierd!

Love,
    Lisa

• Angharad
    Angharad

Happy anniversary for Friday Mr & Mrs Eman

I'll remember this one as its my parents anniversary too

• joelbear
    joelbear

Englishman,

Major congrats. Thats a great picture of yall, so so so 70's.

Greek food one of my fav's. I love Avgalamano soup, herbed chicken, lemon potatoes.

We are working on 13.

Joel

• Englishman
    Englishman

You're all very kind.

I just checked out our pic in Stephanus "Who's who" site below, that was taken last April, I don't think that we have changed that much over the years.

Being an ex-dub is so invigorating!

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Sherri
    Sherri

Congratulations to you both--well done! It's lovely to read about a couple who are obviously the best of friends, who enjoy each other's company and who can still find things to talk about after 28 years!

BTW, where is this Dimitri's?? My husband and I (St Albans area) are always on the lookout for decent Greek restaurants.

Cheers,
    Sherri

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

VERY COOL MATE!
    the best to ya!
    Randy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit