How many study ed WT used the phrase...

by kzjw 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kzjw
    kzjw

"God's sole channel of communication" and "If Jehovah is our father, then org is the mother" or similar? My wife now says she' never read that in a WT, so I need ashort list from this year's editions for proof.

Any takers?

Thanx

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The information that is presented in The Watchtower article is a typical example of the Watchtower leaders’ ability to throw a string of unrelated Biblical texts together and arrive at ‘new light’. This ‘new light’ is then presented to the Witnesses, not as the teaching of infallible men, but as ‘the light of truth’ that streams from the throne of God, through Jesus Christ, to them as God’s true channel on earth. In this article, the ‘new light’ presented is so ‘bright’ that it’s blinding! Here it is in a nutshell (if you would like the full version, ask us for a copy of the article from The Watchtower May 1, 1957).

The article was based on Proverbs 6:20-23 (RSV):

My son, keep your father’s commandment, and forsake not your mother’s teaching. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life.

The first few paragraphs highlight the fact that, while Jehovah God is the ‘father’ whose commandments are to be kept, there is also a mother’s teaching that must not be forsaken by Christians today.

Turning then to Isaiah 54:5-6, the Witnesses are informed that Jehovah God has a wife and this ‘wife’ is the ‘mother’ of Proverbs 6:20-23. The article then informs the Witnesses that:

It is through his organisation that God provides this light that the proverb says is the teaching or law of the mother. If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognise not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organisation as our mother. (par.3)

and therefore:

obedience, honour and respect ... must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organisation as well. (par. 4)

http://www.pnc.com.au/~fichrist/hmother.html
  • Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

It is in the Revelation Its Grand Climax Is At Hand! Look It Up! I no longer have this book! and that should be good enough reason to walk away!

1 And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, 2 and she was pregnant. And she cries out in her pains and in her agony to give birth.

3 And another sign was seen in heaven, and, look! a great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns and upon its heads seven diadems; 4 and its tail drags a third of the stars of heaven, and it hurled them down to the earth. And the dragon kept standing before the woman who was about to give birth, that, when she did give birth, it might devour her child.

THE ORGANIZATION!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit