I've been away for a while

by Wordly Andre 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Hello to all on the board, I've been away for more than a few months, how has everyone been?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah good Andre...but bad since we are closing down shop on Jan 09.......sad!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Hi, Andre. You were missed. Where have you been?

• sandy
    sandy

Hey! Welcome back WA! How are you? Were you affected by the fires at all? For some reason I was thinking you live near one of the areas that was burning.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

how ya been bro?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Sandy, yes kind of affected, my office is less than 1 mile away from the fires, so it was pretty nasty here. I live about 5 miles away from it too so I had to clean up all the ashes around my place. HEY Wha Happened, I've been great how about you? Bizzy, I've just been working and in October I finally joined the Knights of Columbus, I've been busy with that, this month I'll be helping out at the Knights Armory sorting out donations to give the needy, and later this month I signed up to help out at the food bank delivering food and toys. It's been great, it's a great brotherhood of Knights, not at all like the "brotherhood" of JW's no one gets in your Koolaide but they are all very cool guys, I feel like I'm the odd one out though, we got university professors, police, firemen, business owners, engineers and a retired Doctor in our council what a bunch of great guys. Last month we raised over $6,000.00 for disabled kids. MAN I can't believe this site is going away. I will miss it, it has helped me alot as well as keep me informed. Thanks guys

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was wondering about you.

Good to have you back.

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome home lad... Missed ya... You sure are being the hands.. feet for Jesus by the sounds of thing helping the needy.... better than handing out WT & Awakes EH?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Hi Grace & Sylvia, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week, I have to cook the entire dinner including pies but thats ok I don't like the way my mother in law makes the turkey (too dry) Grace, Yes this year I will be able to do my part to help those who are in need no matter what religion they are, the Knights are working closely with the St. Vincent de Paul Society to collect clothes, toys, money and food. I actually forgot that my first night on duty is tonight ha ha ha I guess I'll be busy after work :-)

• free2think
    free2think

Hey WA I missed ya.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit