Even As An Athiest: Are You More Non-Catholic / Non-Protestant ?

by RAYZORBLADE 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Just curious. No, go to hell: don't laugh!

There's folks from nations that are predominantly 'Roman Catholic'. There's folks from nations that are predominantly 'Protestant'.

Yet, there are those from 'said' Roman Catholic countries; I sit here and have to wonder, HOW 'athiestic' are they REALLY??

Yet, there are those from 'said' Protestant countries; I sit here and have to wonder, HOW 'athiestic' are they REALLY??

Just wondering.

Even though you are an athiest; in some countries where you supposedly type from; are you still more close to 'Rome' - as you are NOT Italian, in your bones, afterall?

Even though you are an athiest; in some countries where you supposedly type from; are you still more close to YOUR church - as you are NOT American, in your bones, afterall?

I've been watching this for years.

Coming from a mixed Irish-Catholic/Scottish Protestant and North American First Nations' mix - the ironies are almost worthy of a painting.

Athiest?

Yeah, right!

I've noticed the 'catholic athiest' versus 'protestant athiest' bullshit simmers...albiet differently; yet it is really the same! It's VERY interesting!

They don't believe in god/GOD - yet the 'before' mindset registers still.

Baloney!

• Caedes
    Caedes

I would love to see an example of what you mean, are there some posts by people claiming to be atheist who are getting all catholic?!

• JAVA
    JAVA

I grew up in a non-church going family, but it was more Protestant. I consider myself non-religious today, but don't consider myself more non-Cat or non-Pro one way or the other. I more or less view religion as an interesting topic, which offers many people various benefits. However, I consider myself more non-religious toward folks who take their religion religiously. That can be Catholic or Protestant. Does that make any since? :)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not an atheist. I am a Universalist. I am Anglican Catholic, which is the middle road between Catholicism and the Protestant Church.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I was brought up as a JW from birth but my fathers side of the family are from the protestant part of Northern Ireland, who I now seem to have a lot of feelings in common with them.

If asked on forms what religion I am I put WASP - White Anglo Saxon Protestant.

• reniaa
    reniaa

interesting post, I often wonder what is the line between religion and being part of a group of people, a nation. a culture

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit