Any1 ever write to the society requesting some sort of breakdown of what

by cognac 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

they spend money on?

I wonder what there reply would be... lol

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Cognac, my husband actually called the society last week. He was requesting a financial breakdown to see if they made an accommodation for the pay outs for the lawsuits to people who were sexually abused. He didn't say that was why he was calling ( very non confrontational). The woman who answered hemmed and hawed put him on hold several times and then asked that he call back another time. ???? She did ask what congregation he was from. Wouldn't you think they would have something more intelligent to say, surely they have had this request more than once. Makes us both sick that little old ladies are leaving their estates to them and they are not going to be up front about this expenditure. November 2007 is the anniversary of one of the pay outs, so we will see how they account for this.

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, is he going to call back?

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/are-financial-statements-of-non-profit-organizatio-2593.html

I would check with the states of PA and NY and see if they are required to make their financial statements public.

• mustang
    mustang

Are no disclosures, "prospectus" style or other such statements issued at the Annual Stockholders Meetings

Mustang

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe, but who is allowed access?

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Cognac, he probably will call back. Deep down in his heart he knows the answer, he's kind of like your husband. He would really like to prove things to himself and his parents. He has a life long investment like the rest of us. Blondie, are you telling me because they are based in NY they may not have to disclose this. We have been hoping that this will finally prove things to our poor family.

• mustang
    mustang

Those w/ proxies, natch: I remember someone that wangled an invite once. She was "new anointed"; but she wasn't at all "new".

Maybe Atantis has some old Stockholders Meeting "handouts": Oh, Atlantis!!!

Mustang

• blondie
    blondie

Kool.........no, just that as a corporation based in NY (or PA) the laws there may prevail and I am not familiar with the laws in either state regarding revealing financial information about non-profit corporations. I know that people in my state have requested financial information before they will donate. I would check with either state's laws on that and see if and how you can compel that information.

Blondie

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

No..but I wrote them 3 times for different reasons and not once did they bother to write back. We told my PO brother in law, my zealot sister in law and mother in law and they don't believe that the society doesn't answer all people. They just refuse to believe it. I could show them the letters but they would just say that I wrote them but didn't mail them because after all - the WTS is never at fault. My point to them was that they most certainly aren't interested in saving poor souls like me if they can't be bothered to spend some time answering correspondence. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit