Amama's site

by White Dove 15 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Is it safe to post there now? I know they said it was in the past but it really hurt my computer before that. How is it now? I would like a nice place to go after this closes.

• oompa
    oompa

i have posted a few times there recently with no problems...at first i got a wicked virus...and some of my great jwd friends helped me wipe it out...but it was not easy....oomps

it may be a good option if simon does not change his mind...which i pray he will...haha...actually i dont pray anymore except at meals for my wife sometimes

• beksbks
    beksbks

I can only give you my own experience. I have not had one bit of trouble. I went there from day one, with no problems other than pop ups, which I never click on, and usually don't get through anyway.

I did however get a nasty rash from JWO

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've never had a bit of trouble there, and I don't run anti-virus. Methinks there's a little post hoc going on here. . .

• Vinny
    Vinny

I registered over there but not yet posted. I'm just used to this place, I guess. Unless somebody figures out a way to keep JWD up, or a sister-like clone of JWD going then will look more closely at other places.

But it looks like mama6 has a nice thing going now.

• megawatt
    megawatt

I post there on a regular basis. Finally got my wife to join her site!!!!! (big step) Never heard of a virus or any complications with my pc...

• blondie
    blondie

I post there every week and have no problems. I do have Spysweeper and Norman on my machine.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

No problems at all, and have tried from different machines with different levels of protection.

Over 650 folks there now....

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I believe that early on they had some pop-up/spyware problems because of the web-hosting company that they initially chose to host the db, but they switched to another shortly after and there have been no problems since that I know of.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The problem was related to the popups the forum had during the first week of operation. Since then, they have upgraded to the paid server and the popups (and the viruses) have become history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit