The All Knowing Creator?

by Number1Anarchist 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slappy
    Slappy

Ok, for some more clarifying. I'm not saying I'm against what you're doing, in fact I'm very much for it. You are coming to individuals and getting a wide variety of ideas, which is great. That is very much different from an organization that holds to one set of beliefs and doctrines and is unwilling to look at anything outside those set beliefs. That is what I was commenting on. That is where people need to take the initiative and discover things for themselves and not just take some organization's ideas for their own. However, it is still our responsibility to search things for ourselves and reach our own conclusions.

Reading the Bible is great and quite necessary in learning of Him. However, that's only a part. There is so much more to said relationship than just reading what He has given us.

And no, I don't understand all of the Bible and what is contained therein. And I know I never will understand all of it. But that's what I find so intriguing about it. I learn something new every time I study and think on Him. He's God. If we understood all of who He is, He wouldn't be God.

John 6:60-66 gives one reason for things being difficult. I admit that at first blush, most of the Bible is difficult to understand, especially for those with little or no education. However, anyone with a true desire to know God will make the effort to learn all they can of Him, just as somebody with an interest in golf will learn and practice all they can in order to get better at it. And just as one will never be able to achieve all they can in golf, neither can one understand all that is in the Bible. However, that doesn't mean that person will stop; on the contrary, they will try harder and put more effort into said passion.

slappy

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Slappy, i'm not looking for your approval. Ok, Are you a Christian? I can guarantee you,You hold onto Organized beliefs! Do you believe the trinity? Are you going to Heaven? Then you try to explain to me how i need to draw close to God. Is the bible the word of God? , not how do i draw close to God. Christians are quite hard for me to deal with because theyr'e no different than the Jehovah Witnesses because they like to tell you how you need to worship God even though you never asked them.

Next time you may want to look at the title of the subject and try and answer that.

• Slappy
    Slappy

What I've been saying is that you are the only one that can determine whether the Bible is God's Word or not. And the only way to do so is to let the Bible speak for itself (not myself or others). Get into it, read it, study it, dwell on it, things will be made clear if you honestly seek. I could give you my opinion on your question, but what would be the point? It's just one among a million and only an opinion at that.

Now you're telling me what I believe and why I believe? Just because I believe certain things that are also held by an organization, that makes me subject to an organization and its beliefs? How so? Should I reject any idea that is held by an organization then? If that were the case, what would I believe in? (And I no longer have reference to things solely religious.)

Everything I hold, and everything I believe has come from my own, personal, study of the Bible. Sure, I may have been brought up to believe that the Bible is God's Word and the various doctrines that went with such an upbringing, but after seeing how the organization (not JW) I grew up in was no different from any other, I completely rejected any and all such assocation with such and returned solely to the Bible and prayed that God would guide me to what He wants me to learn. I have no regrets about any of it.

slappy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit