What prompts one to become a Jehovah's Witness?

by Quirky1 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwr
    kwr

It is the need to have doors slammed in your face from all that knocking! ;-)

• cry
    cry

I think that basicilly everyone is looking for a peaceful life with a wonderful future for themselves and their families. When someone offers them the 'Disney' life of happiness, fluffy animals, la, la, la, it is difficult to resist, especially if your own life has been difficult. For many people, deep down, I am sure they have doubts, but they put them aside, because it just might be true. At some point reality kicks in and you either buck against everything you have held true or hold on for dear life to something that is better than NOTHING. Personally, I feel that kids should be educated about cult tactics when they are teenagers as this is something that can take them by surprise and if they are not forewarned and they have no defence to the false love that can come their way. Maybe we should be providing information to schools, colleges etc. Does anyone of know of any programmes on cults etc that are currently being used by schools?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit