Do You or Someone you Know - Talk in their Sleep ? Any Experiences ?

by flipper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

I've been given permission by my wife to relate this - I think we need a fluff thread around here !

First of all - I don't know what it is that I have done to women in my life - but a few of them have tended to talk in their sleep ! Ex-Wife # 2 one time was calling out spooky ooohhhh's like Casper the ghost and scared me out of my mind one time ( I thought it was a real ghost calling out ! ) and when I woke her up she said she was dreaming of someone stabbing her all over with knives ! She was scary !

My current wife, Mrs. Flipper talked in her sleep after the first week we started sleeping together ! I woke up to her yelling " Fire ! Fire ! " but she was yelling " Fur ! Fur ! " So I asked her what she was dreaming about ? She said she dreamed bad guys were trying to get in the front door- so she yelled , " Fire, Fire ! " so the neighbors would come !

My wife's next " talking dream " was a few months ago. I woke up to her yelling out, " You guys have totally F-----ed up my property ! " Naturally I woke her up from this nightmare and asked her , " Having a rough night ? " She said she was dreaming that 2 guys were bulldozing a road right next to her garden and it was messing up our property ! I said , " I'm glad you woke up and stopped them ! "

The last one was a few nights ago when I woke up to her saying, " You need to downshift if you drive off into the ravine ! " So I woke her up and asked, " I can't wait - what's THIS one about ? " She explained that she knew her mom hadn't set the emergency brake as her truck was rolling down the hill ! But she didn't remember the " talking about the ravine " part !

So- Have you folks had some funny talking in your sleep experiences ? Please say yes ! Want to know we aren't the only ones experiencing this ! Look forward to hearing from you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

In the 13 years that we've been together, my husband has frequently talked in his sleep. He sounds very irritated and cusses while he's explaining how to do something. I don't know what he's talking about, but he's grouchy if you wake him after this particular sleep talking.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Honey Bunny has dreams and talks quite a bit. Usually, he seems frightened and worried. Lot's of "Help, Help Me!" I usually cant' make out much more than that. My daughter used to walk and talk, but you could never tell what she was saying. I would find her sitting at her desk doing "work", or sitting up in bed, or coming into the living room where we were, and mumbling. First couple of times I (and all of our company) thought she was awake.

• caliber
    caliber

Yes and it can be very dangerous for those still in love with old loves or who married on the rebound.

A person can be totally faithful all your married life during the wakening hours but sleep talking can make

for BIG troubles ! ~~........... LOL

Caliber

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My dog Farts in his Sleep..He`s a big Frigg`n Dog.....It`s so bad..If your asleep,it will wake you up..Then you pass out!..Unconcious....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• StAnn
    StAnn

My DH is the world's worst for talking in his sleep. Once he shoved me out of bed, onto the floor. I said, "What was all that about?!" He replied, "Go sleep outside. You're disturbing me!" Then he rolled over and went back to sleep.

I still tease him, telling him to leave me alone, he's disturbing me.

Apparently the other night, I woke him up screaming. He asked me what I was screaming about. I dreamed that the tea kettle was whistling away on the stove. I told my cousin to turn off the burner and he wouldn't do it. I yelled at my cousin that he was LAZY. I picked up the tea kettle and tossed it into the sink. My husband got mad, because he was waiting for me to make tea, picked up the tea kettle and poured the boiling water on me. I woke him up, screaming because he was pouring boiling water on me.

I have such peaceful dreams.

StAnn

• StAnn
    StAnn

My youngest hollered out in his sleep a month or so ago. He came downstairs and crawled into bed with me, without saying a word. I said, "Did you have a bad dream?" He looked at me and said, "X-Files." Laid down and went to sleep. Guess that was all the explanation I needed, in his mind!

StAnn

• bennyk
    bennyk

My wife and I once had a conversation in our sleep.

She was having a nightmare and woke herself screaming "NO! NO!! NO!!!"

and heard me ask in my sleep: "Why not?"

• Purza
    Purza

My ex-husband would talk (quite clearly) in his sleep. It must be hereitary because our child talks in her sleep. I can have a full on conversation with her in the hall in the middle of the night and she will not remember it in the morning.

Example:

I hear a *scream* then my door flies open.

Daughter: Mom, there is someone in my room.

Me: No there is not.

Daughter: YES there is.

Me: Daughter if there was someone in your room the dog would be barking.

Daughter: Oh yeah.

Me: Lets go in there together and look.

Daughter: Okay.

We go look and the coast is clear. Daughter climbs back in to bed and drifts off to sleep. Doesn't remember anything the next morning.

This happens every few months when she is overly tired or stressed. Although we laugh about it the next day, it is tiring for me to be woken up from a dead sleep in a state of panic.

Purza

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I don't talk in my sleep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit