I was locked out of my dad's house AGAIN tonight!

by Melody Blankenship 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

even the local elders may set that woman straight on your behalf....all family ties are not broken by df.......you have a right and they can back you on it.........oompa

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

To Oompa.....If you think I was df'd, that is not correct. I am not, have never been, and never will be a JW. I am just an "apostate" daughter of a poor old man who was "tricked" into joining the organization by the witch he married. Just wanted to clear that up!

• blondie
    blondie

Is there someone who can go with you that she would like to maintain a good face with?

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Adult Protective Services has been called, but of course they will not be going out there today as it is Veteran's Day and there is no one in the Beckham County office today. I called the toll free state hot line and the lady informed me to notify the sheriff's office the next time this happened and they would indeed send out a uniformed officer to help me gain access to my dad. Anyway, I will try again today to go out and see him and will update everyone later. Please pray for him!

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

I went out to my dad's tonight about 6:00 p.m. and did get in to see my dad. He was in bed, as usual, and his wife was changing his "Depends." After she got him changed, I went in and sat on the other bed in his bedroom and asked her in front of him, "Why wouldn't you let me in here last night?" She said "Well, it was phone-in meeting night." I told her "You specifically told us not to come on Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday mornings." She said "No, I said Monday and Thursday." I said "Well, just thought you might ought to know that I did call Adult Protective Services again when I couldn't get in and you will probably be getting a visit from them tomorrow." She said, "Did you tell them that you haven't been out here in quite a while?" (I was out of town over the weekend at a wrestling tournament my grandson was in, as well as having a family reunion on Sunday.) And, either my brother or myself go out there at least every other day usually, to check in on him. She said "Some people just thrive on causing trouble." Boy, oh boy, is that ever the pot calling the kettle black!! Anyway, just thought I'd update you and tell you he hasn't drank the koolaid yet! Please keep him in your prayers, as well as the judge hearing our case! Thanks!

Melody Blankenship

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Melody, I don't want to sound like I am picking on you but..as someone that had to take care of her hubby when he was dying ..does she ever get a break? Do you guys stay long enough for her to get out for a while or so she can get caught up on chores?

My kids had very busy lives..they would run in and talk with hubby for a while and leave..not asking if I needed help..the last week I got NO sleep..I was running on empty..but they were all so busy with their life I hated to ask. We as parents shouldn't have to ask..it should be offered if not shoved down our throats and insisted on.

I don't know your circumstance but a lot of children overlook this thoughtful and caring gesture..I am sure she would appreciate some help...maybe it would improve her mood?

A thought on the food..possibly he is on restricted food as he may possibly choke on certain foods? A Patient I knew that had that was on baby foor..otherwise she would choke on regular food.

Again, I do not know how much help she is getting or your circumstances but I would offer to help in some way or another..possibly even doing the laundry?

Snoozy..been there done that.

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

To Snoozy.....

My dad's wife has plenty of help, but all hired-JW help. There is no way she would consider letting us take care of our dad as we are all "apostates." Before we filed a lawsuit to have my dad removed as trustee of our family trusts (when the JW's were trying to build a new hall on our family farm,) she would let us know occasionally if she were going to go out of town and we would be allowed to take care of him. But now, the only people allowed to sit with him are JW's, and they are all paid well. Trust me, she still gets her hours in "out in the service," as well as her trips to her daughter's and son's homes, who both live out of state.

And, yes, my dad does have diabetes. But from everything I've read, a diabetic should have several small meals a day, perhaps as many as six a day, as well as snacks. He only gets two big meals a day...one about 11 a.m. and the other about 7 p,m, He is always hungry and has always had a very big appetite. And, a few months back he was sick and throwing up and she gave him vinegar water to drink. Now how would that be on an empty stomach? I am very healthy and don't think I could've drank it, but he did. He even stated in his deposition that he does not know the medication he is taking and "if she poisons me, I'm just gone," or something to that effect. I do have the whole transcripts of both of their depositions and it is unbelievable!

No, this evil woman does not deserve a break. She has everything I dish out coming to her and then some. She has totally destroyed my dad and he will hardly even answer a question without asking her about it first. It is the most pitiful thing I have ever seen in my life. He was once a very good dad but since he has joined the JW cult, he has done nothing but spiral downhill fast....like a snowball headed to Hell. Please, please keep him in your prayers. He needs to wake up and have the scales removed from his eyes! Bless you!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Wow!..then kick her a** for me!...

I too would seek someone to check out the living conditions and the weight of your father , that needs to be closely monitered..everyone knows that dibetics need to eat several times a day and small not large meals!

Best of luck ..hope you nail her..

Snoozy..who hopes others will still offer to help when one of their parents gets sick...hopefully at least one of them won't be a JW...

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I recommend that you contact an attorney in OK, and seek his/her advice, if that is where you really live.

That will open the door, for sure.

BA- Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit