Do JW's...

by Honesty 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

magnify or bring reproach upon Jehovah's name?

• blondie
    blondie

Is your question addressing this as to individual jws or the group or the organization? The WTS does say that individual jws can do that.

• mouthy
    mouthy

magnify or bring reproach upon Jehovah's name? Well I think the rank & file magnify the name ,because many "worldly " people in the Churches tell me they didnt realize the name until they first had JW pointed it out to them, also a person once told me they believed the WT was the feet of the body... If I was to believe that, I think they need to wash their feet
    because they stink, & are very dirty.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I think on reflection of the bible, Jehovah has done a pretty good job of reproaching his own name, what with the wanton slaughter of suckling children and how his people Israel acted.

Makes the JW’s look like saints…..

• DNCall
    DNCall

Given that Jehovah's Witnesses are the butt of so many jokes, many of them broadcast in mainstream media, it's fair to say that reproach and ridicule have been brought upon the divine name.

• poppers
    poppers

I really don't see the big deal about "Jehovah" supposedly being "God's name". I learned the word "Jehovah" when I attended Catholic Catechism classes when I was 6 years old. It seems the witnesses make this big deal about using the name and how unique they are because of it. To build a religion around that is silly. Is God somehow offended that people aren't calling him Jehovah? Does your earthly father get offended when you refer to him as "father"? Why would God be upset as long as one shows respect.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here are a few definitions of Magnify:

To cause to appear greater or seem more important than is in fact the case; exaggerate: You have grossly magnified a trivial situation. See Synonyms at exaggerate.

To increase the apparent size of. Makes you wonder if magnification should be the end goal of anyone.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

doesn't really matter, does it? Jehovah is fictional, one of those old Canaanite gods, or something like that. As for magnifying the name, well they do go on about it all the time. The thing is, no one else cares!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes: The organization does more damage to the name JEHOVAH than any other religion.

No: JEHOVAH isn't the Divine Name.

• heyfea
    heyfea

This past week, I was waiting for the subway on a crowded platform. There was no room really to move about. Suddenly I see this fat woman trying to get to the front of the crowd, like she deserved to be first to get in the train. She was carrying a bunch of WTs, displaying them like a good pioneer. I couldn't freaking believe it. When the train came, she pushed her way in, and pushed her way trough to find a seat. Not only she was rude but she also looked like she hadn't showered in days. Her hair was a mess and she had a tote bag full of clutter. She looked truly like a bat out of hell. So, I would say in her case, definetely REPROACH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit