Since Gas Prices Have Lowered Will The Book Studies Continue?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

sure why not

• Robert7
    Robert7

HA! I was thinking the same thing! This 'gas price' excuse shows it was complete BS since we're back at prices where apparantely gas prices weren't an issue. Of course people are so glad not to go to book study, no one will question this.

I just hope it adds to the dissonance to the open thinkers...

• minimus
    minimus

Somehow, holy spirit got misdirected.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Min - it was those friggin apostates who were telling the G.B. that the Urim and Thummin said cancel the book studies. It was realized just this week by Br. Boner that the boneheads handling the Urim and Thummin were reading the results from left to right, and instead... there will be 2 new weekly meetings coming. Check out the Xmas KM.

Min - it's a bitch - Left Handed Urim and Thummin, just like Swedenborg's Bible and/or Russell's Epiphanies.

• minimus
    minimus

ok......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They need another specious excuse. The real reason was to cut back on comments that were not exactly on their Track--that is, what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is trying to feed the flock. They used gas prices as an excuse. And now they are using the extra night off and the hounder burnout as the excuse. Either way, I wish they would have been upfront and honest with their true intentions.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well they back tracked strongly - I will bump a thread of mine to show you - many saying it was spiritual matters and study not high gas prices. Society received too much ridicule for that one

• watson
    watson

The big push will now be to build ourselves up indiviually for the times when we face persecution. Use the extra evening for personal study, etc. How we use this time will show how serious we are about the impending great tribulation, etc. We may be in a torture chamber all by ourselves, and we won't have the congregation around us to "hold us up."

Had a conversation about the "gas" thing with an elder, and he was almost affronted that I brought that up. It was so obvious to him that the gas story had nothing to do with it.

• minimus
    minimus

The gas issue was in the original letter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit