What was your favorite summer movie of 2008?

by gaiagirl 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Iron Man and Mamma Mia.

Gotta say, Robert Downey Jr. did a super job of ACTING. I think it was a great adventure movie and all(or whatever those movies are),but I really enjoyed his character-I think he had some depth that I don't see in a lot of these superhero kind of movies. I actually don't have a lot of use for those movies and try to avoid them. That one I didn't even argue about my husband buying(he buys everything, even real schlock-which I do resist.)

• inkling
    inkling

Iron Man, hands down.

What a great film.

• loosie
    loosie

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

• minimus
  • StAnn
    StAnn

I didn't see that many, because almost all of the summer movies appeal to teen-aged boys, which I'm not. I would have to say Dark Knight.

We saw Indiana Jones, which I hated. I mean, Indy with an entourage??? It was silly. My cousin, who is mentally retarded, went with us to the movie. He said, "That's not Indiana Jones. That's Grandpa Jones." Summed it up for me.

I've been wanting to see Burn After Reading. Anybody seen that and is it good?

StAnn

• inkling
    inkling

For 2008 I really enjoyed:

Expelled: No Intellegence Allowed - Ben Stein's comedy doc on bigoted atheists.

Religulous - Bill Maher's comedy doc on bigoted religionists.

Wow, that's one hell of a fence you are sitting in there.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    Wow, that's one hell of a fence you are sitting in there.

Heh, heh. I really did enjoy both of them. I loved seeing Ben Stein make Richard Dawkins out for what he is, a biased jerk. And I thought Bill Maher asked some very good questions that his "victims" should have had answers for. Neither film was balanced but both films expose human nature and its desperate bias to hold onto an opinion for personal reasons that have nothing to do with truth. Confirmed agnostic/atheists will hate "Expelled" and believers will probably hate "Religulous." I thought both films were good as an expose on people and how they think, and both made me laugh.

• inkling
    inkling
    I loved seeing Ben Stein make Richard Dawkins out for what he is, a biased jerk.

I havn't seen the movie... Are you talking about a specific scene?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    I havn't seen the movie... Are you talking about a specific scene?

Yeah, a specific scene. It's out on dvd if you're interested. If you're looking for a well though-out cogent argument for creationism then you might as well skip this one.

• inkling
    inkling
    If you're looking for a well though-out cogent argument for creationism then you might as well skip this one.

Yeah, so I hear.

Honestly, I don't think i could get through the whole movie without throwing something at the screen.

His whole Atheist=Nazi line is over the top absurb. He also seems to play fast and loose with anything resembling facts.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit