How do I get my file from the Congregation I used to attend?

by QuestioningEverything 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Years ago, I was DF'd-then reinstated. Is it possible to get my file and all of the personal information obtained it in from the congregation. I recently was informed that those are kept on the KH premises and others may occassionally have access to them. Anyone know?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You steal the key from the P.O.....the alarm code at the hall is of course 1914 as always. {Disclaimer; - Witness 007 at no time encourages any illegal act and will not be held accountable}

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, some POs keep them at home (not according to WTS official policy). If you lived in the UK, the Data Protection Act might apply. Supposedly, no one but the original elders on the JC have access, but some BOEs aren't very good about keeping files.

How would you know that you would be getting the only copy? As if elders don't lie.

Blondie

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Pretend your the D.O or his wife and demand to see the publisher records as a matter of "spiritual urgency" in private....then when alone eat your card...it's the only way!

Now retreving the records later is the tricky part.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

There may be some law in your country or state that allows you access to or a copy of any information held on or about you. Maybe get some legal advice on the matter. It would be interesting to see what they have on you as I'm sure they didn't expect you'd ever see it at the time it was written up.

Am

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Yes, I'm curious what they say. I remember them wanting all the gritty details of my sinning. It was terribly embarassing. I realiz now they're mostly just perves and closet freaks. :).

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

There was a type of 'underground' at one time. Or maybe it was just a few clever JWD members...

Anyway, what they did was have one of our current elders make the request for the cards and records. Instead of going into the 'new' congregation files, the info was forwarded directly to the DA/DF/Faded Publisher.

Which ever method you use, I hope you find success.

-Aude.

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Set fire to the outside of whatever part of the KH is closest to where you think the file is. In the ensuing pandemonium, be the brave brother who rescues the precious files. While all the noise and commotion is going on, find your file and leave. Or you could hire a couple of gigantic hairy smelly thugs to lean on your PO to cough up the files. Or you could burglarize the KH. Or, you could bribe one of the elders with money or sexual favors.

Realistically speaking, I don't see any way to get the files other than to hire an attorney or just "let it go" as I did.

Saint Martin the Bloviate

• blondie
    blondie

BTW, judicial committee records are not forwarded to the new congregation, only publisher record cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit