What exactly was the proper food at the proper time?

by Hoping4Change 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Forgetting (and forgiving for the sake of discussion) all of the changes, mistakes and errors between the teachings from the late 1800's to 1920 by the Bible Students, what exactly was the "proper food" being dispensed during the "proper time" when Jesus supposedly made his choice of this group of people to be the sole harbringers of Truth? I am assuming all of those changes/mistakes/errors, of course were not proper food, so what were the things being taught during Jesus's selection that led him to select the Bible Students? Is there anything truly unique (and correct/accurate/proper) that can be claimed by the Bible students during that time period that could warrant Jesus' choice?

• still_in74
    still_in74

the typical response would be that the bible students were the only people "seeking the truth" and they were chosen because they had the right heart condition. I have heard this many times before and even within the past few weeks!

You tell this to a dub and they will totally eat that up! they wont question for a second that the scripture says NOTHING about heart condition. It says "proper food at the proper time".

JW's will claim that the fundamental doctrines were in place - no trinity, no hell fire, no immortality of the soul (except for 144k) to this day this seems to be the mantra of the WTS. This "Trinity" of Russelite truths is still referred to as the main difference between JW's and christendom. What the JW's neglect to realize is while what they DONT believe with respects to these 3 items hasnt changed - what they DO BELIEVE has changed substantially.
    Also that Russel was using Pyramidology, Phrenology, Astrology, and Millerite/Adventist types & anit-types to prove his beliefs may not enter their minds either.

So you ask "what was the proper food they were teaching"? - good question. When you figure it out let us know!

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

the typical response would be that the bible students were the only people "seeking the truth" and they were chosen because they had the right heart condition. I have heard this many times before and even within the past few weeks!

You tell this to a dub and they will totally eat that up! they wont question for a second that the scripture says NOTHING about heart condition. It says "proper food at the proper time".

JW's will claim that the fundamental doctrines were in place - no trinity, no hell fire, no immortality of the soul (except for 144k) to this day this seems to be the mantra of the WTS. This "Trinity" of Russelite truths is still referred to as the main difference between JW's and christendom. What the JW's neglect to realize is the while what they DONT believe with respects to these 3 items hasnt changed - what they DO BELIVE has changed substantially.
    Also that Russel was using Pyramidology, Phrenology, Astrology, and Millerite/Adventist types & anit-types to prove his beliefs may not enter their minds either.

So you ask "what was the proper food they were teaching"? - good question. When you figure it out let us know!

Thanks for the response. It would seem to be nothing but pure arrogance that would drive one to actually believe that they were the only people 'seeking the truth'; people sought the truth long before and continue to do so, the Bible Students / JWs I'd like to hear an explanation from a JW here why, supossing just for a moment, that the 'trinity of truths" listed is indeed %100 correct, why those 3 items would be enough for Jesus to choose them over others. Why can't trinitarians be wrong yet not receive the mercy of Jehovah or Christ when judgement comes, just as JW's must expect some mercy for all of the errors/mistakes they have made? Can any practicing JW's explain this to me? I suppose I could go to one of their forums and ask, but having seen what goes on on them, it seems that asking the hard questions always gets ignored, danced around, or ridiculed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Is there anything truly unique

I have seen zero evidence that what they were teaching was unique. Nor have I seen any evidence that they've ever attempted to determine what the thousands of other Christian religions in North America were teaching when Jesus "made his selection". How would they even know if one of these churches was teaching the same unique things?

Cults ALL claim to be the one true faith, and to have a direct connection to God. If you and I were to start our own church/religion, and teach exactly what the WT teaches, we would be considered a false religion. Why? Because we are not members of their cult. So, in reality, what DO the teachings have to do with reality? Nothing.

Not to mention that the entire "food" thing seems to revolve around a rhetorical question, within a parable, as written in Matthew.

• VM44
    VM44
    they were chosen because they had the right heart condition

What is the proof that the Bible Students had the "right heart condition"? That they were chosen?

Round and Round we go in circular reasoning!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Did someone say Circular Reasoning?

alt

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Its just an effort of self marketing to circumvent their literature and themselves.

A proper commercialization in a free society

• still_in74
    still_in74
    If you and I were to start our own church/religion, and teach exactly what the WT teaches, we would be considered a false religion. Why? Because we are not members of their cult. So, in reality, what DO the teachings have to do with reality? Nothing

- That is a great point!!!!

• caliber
    caliber
    I'd like to hear an explanation from a JW here why, supposing just for a moment, that the 'trinity of truths" listed is indeed %100 correct, why those 3 items would be enough for Jesus to choose them over others. Why can't trinitarians be wrong yet not receive the mercy of Jehovah or Christ when judgment comes, just as JW's must expect have some mercy for all of the errors/mistakes they made

Apparently with the "right heart condition " I'll just know which rights to get right and which wrongs to get wrong thereby maintaining my salvation intact ! Caliber

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

leavingwt - Great graphic! Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit