How do those who 'live forever' atone for their sins?????

by insearchoftruth 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

In theory........

A JW who survives as part of the GT, is restored to perfection during the 1000 years, and remains faithful, surviving through Satan's last stand will be offered to drink from the fountain of life freely.

• watson
    watson

I think it has something to do with Jesus' sacrafice.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

By listening to and singing Kingdom songs for all eternity...over and over and over and over again UNTIL YOU JUST CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!! KILL ME NOW!

• greengopete
    greengopete

Hello Insearchoftruth!

You stated:

I have a question with respect to doctrine. If I remember correctly, don't the JWs teach that the wages of sin are death. By this teaching, don't each of us have to die to in essence atone for our sins?

It looks like you have had a bit of light creep into your brain!!! “Good for you”!!!!

If you ever want to reed the bible and get some sense out of it, then you have to realize most all doctrines of the WTS are NOT correct.

The statement in the scriptures: “the wages that sin pays are death” are correct, but they only pertain to the first century Christians, not to any one after 70 CE.

This is the scripture that backs that statement: Romans 5:13 For until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not charged against anyone when there is no law.

No one is under the law covenant today or has been since around 70 CE. This is a fact!

Now, to give some understanding to this scripture we must decide; when did Jesus do away with the law (law covenant)? Remember, where there is no law covenant there is no sin charged.

If we conclude that Jesus did away with sin, (as the scriptures state he did at the end of the Christian era) the end of the Jewish system of things, at 70 CE. And no one living since that time has been under the law covenant (and they have not since it was concluded only with the first century Christians.) Then sin is NOT charged to any one! This statement is backed up with other scriptures that state; on judgment day all will be judged on their deeds!!! (Not on their SINS.)

Your next question:

Well if that is the case, how do those who are to 'live forever on paradise earth' atone for their sins.

Am I getting something totally messed up here with respect to the doctrine of the JWs?

Pete:

The answer to this question will be too deep for you to understand at this time, and no, in respect to the WTS’s doctrines, they are so messed up that you would not ever be able to get them any worse!!!

Have a nice day!

Pete

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Putting it simply, they say that Christ paid for their sins when he died as a Ransom, so the dubs don't have to..

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks Blues, so that is the logic, those who live through the big A are ransomed by Jesus, the rest die to atone for their sins....interesting, and oh so messed up!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Society however completely misunderstands Paul's metaphor. He is not saying that death atones or absolves sin. Rather he pictures sin as a slaveholder whose power is not relinquished until death. Sin, like ancient Roman slaveholders, pays out "wages" (the peculium) that could be saved up to obtain manumission. Sin pays out death and that payment allows a person to be set free from sin. It is a rather clever metaphor. The idea is that Christ died so you don't have to; he allows you to voluntarily switch to God as a slaveholder. Paul definitely does not conceive of "sin" as having the ability to forgive or remit sins. That power belongs to God alone.

Much of JW eschatology depends on this single misunderstanding of Paul. It allows the Society to dispense with the biblical concept of posmortem judgment and punishment, such as found at Matthew 25:34, 41, 46 and Revelation 20:11-15 (and widely attested in early Jewish and Christian literature, cf. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/134604/2396862/post.ashx#2396862)

• ninja
    ninja

hey leo....thanks for that explanation.....very interesting.....cheers.....ninja

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Paul definitely does not conceive of "sin" as having the ability to forgive or remit sins.

Should that read: Paul definitely does not conceive of "death" as having the ability to forgive or remit sins?

Otherwise you lost me.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I see you probably did mean to write as you did, I just don't understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit