Local Radio DJ says Jehovah's Witnesses are worst religion in the world ...

by troubled mind 10 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

If you are a person that loves getting presents !!!!!!! hahaaha

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The discussion on the local radio station started out this morning talking of course about the election . One of the hosts stated that Serena Williams was quoted as saying she supported Obama ,however because of being raised as a Jehovah's witness she did not get involved in politics and DID NOT VOTE .

This was a shock to the DJ's so they asked callers to call in and explain if this was true about JW"S and tell why ....

I was on my morning bus route and couldn't call in and it nearly killed me !!!!!

Several relatives of JW"S called in though and gave their understandings of witness craziness .

One DJ became irrate when he learned witnesses don't support the military or salute the flag .

After someone told them about how witnesses don't celebrate holidays or birthdays he made the comment " Jehovah's Witnesses the Worst religion in the world...... if you like to get presents "

By the time I got home they were done with the segment .:(

• sacolton
    sacolton

JWs LOVE getting, but HATE giving (except when it comes to handing out their publications). When I was an active JW, the only time we ever got presents was for our anniversary. Let me tell you, there were years when our JW-side-of-the-family didn't even acknowledge our anniversary at all! All that talk about "oh, we give presents all the time ... we don't need holidays!" - yeah, right! I saw absolutely NO PROOF of that!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

JWs LOVE getting, but HATE giving

Very true Sacolton

They can even TAKE blood fractions but NOT give.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Oh Boy the blood issue came up right away . No one gave a very good explaination of the topic though .

The DJ made two good points though
    1) How can a witness not take blood , but yet take fractions of blood

2) Witnesses appreciate their religious freedoms in this country ,but won't salute the flag in respect of the government that gave them those rights

The show really made witness stand out as wacked out zealots .

I just sent them an email, and also sent them a link to JWD so they can see how so many have been effected .

• Farkel
    Farkel

With regards to dubs loving to get, but hating to give: that is absolutely a fact. They are the cheapest bastards in the world. I used to get so embarrassed at District Assemblies when at lunch, dubs would leave a Watchtower for a tip! I felt like crawling out of the restaurant on my belly. I'm sure such a "generous" tip left the waitress ever so eager to start a "free" home Bible study, and I'm sure she would tell that story over and over to her friends about how "wonderful" Jehovah's Witnesses are for leaving their propaganda instead of leaving her the money to help pay her rent!

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I used to get so embarrassed at District Assemblies when at lunch, dubs would leave a Washtowel for a tip!

Or a waste of paper. How often do they go to Starbucks or some other place where they sit down for coffee (as opposed to takeout), get waited on, and tip with a waste of paper?! I would be horribly embarrassed if I was at a table where they did that!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I've never received a wrapped-up present from my family. I never understood all that BS talk about how "you can give presents all year long, and you don't have to wait until a special holiday" crap.

• Melody Blankenship
    Melody Blankenship

Well, I'll have to agree with the local DJ about the JW's being the worst religion in the world, and I can't believe how many people still do not know about the evil and greedy cult and their beliefs! Granted, I probably would be just like most of them had my dad not got sucked into the cult a few months after my mom passed away. And as far as the gifts.....for if no other reason than to piss my dad's JW wife off, I still to this day buy him presents for various occasions (especially birthdays and Christmas,) wrap them in the appropriate wrapping paper and all, and take them to him, and he loves it! Please pray for him as he is 78 years old and has Alzheimer's (or is just majorly brainwashed, would be more like it!)

• littletree
    littletree

My mom- who is still a JW- is probably one of the most generous people in the world, uh.. if the recipient of the gift or act of kindness is one of Jehovah's Witnesses! Growing up, I watched her go into debt more than once to buy clothes, furniture and appliances "for the friends". It makes me sad that none of the people who she's done things for (especially some of the freeloaders in her current congregation) have done anything for her, EVER. She hardly has any true friends, yet she swears by the "love" of the JW. Dang, even out here in the "world", I've been treated to a few free lunches every now and then by coworkers! haha I say, love is as love does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit