The Noble Fir

by Oubliette 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Happy Christmas Oub and everyone on the forum.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thank you Xanthippe.

You were the first to post a comment a year ago when I wrote this essay and the first to comment again this year when I bumped it. How appropriate!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Merry Christmas Oubliette and everyone on this forum!!

This year we moved to a new home and went all out for Christmas...lights outside, tree in the front window for all to see. Freedom is wonderful!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Woohoo, I love it, Truthseeker!

Freedom is wonderful, yes it is. That's what I'm REALLY celebrating this time of year!!!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

A beautiful piece of prose. I completely missed it last year.

Yes, the first few Christmases are about freedom.

After about 20 years, you have to remind yourself that there should be a deeper meaning.

So, I'm thinking about that right now...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Thank you GrreatTeacher, that is beautifully said, especially in light of all that you're going through right now.

How are your mom and dad doing?

• thankyou
    thankyou

Oubliette,

VERY NICE !

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Since you brought up my mom and dad, I won't feel like a threadjacker if I mention them.

My dad has had his hip surgically repaired and will be in a rehab hospital until the end of the month. My mother is home with 24 hour supervision. My brother,sister and I as well as some of her friends from the KH are staying with her in shifts. It's obvious she has some after effects from the concussion. She can't multitask anymore, and when she tries and can't she cries. She's emotional and is still in a good amount of pain with the broken ribs. They say the concussion effects can last several months. And my dad will be using a walker for several months as well. It's still going to be a long road.

Thanks for thinking of me.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Bumpin' it for the Holidays.

Seasons Greetings y'all!

• waton
    waton

To bring up Prologos' comment, some of the spruce/fir trees, hundreds of years old, still stir hearts as soundboards in violins, pianos.

which can not be said for the ones that were ground to pup to end up in big rolls in wt printeries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit