Obama Wins

by drew sagan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

They threw the kitchen sink at this guy and he still came through victorious.

I'm most curious at where the Republican party goes from here. It will be interesting.

• megs
    megs

I, for one, am absolutely thrilled! I'm not even American! Congratulations Mr. Obama, you will be a breathe of fresh air...

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm most curious at where the Republican party goes from here. It will be interesting.

They shrink to the minority party of the past that they should be. Their time has been and long gone.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

FireworksFireworks..OBAMA!!..FireworksFireworks..BravoBravoBravoBravoBravoBravo.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Republican party have to rebuild - as simple as that

• besty
    besty

From The London Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/daniel_finkelstein/article5084046.ece

Basic point is that America is changing demographically and the Republican tune don't sound so good no more.

It has taken the right of centre Conservatives in the UK twelve years to make the transformation into a party that is electable.

Go figure.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Obama wins? Can't be. The Republicans fix every election, right?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Obama won? Voter fraud for sure, he must have had the backing of all terrorist groups, the jihadist, the muslim extremist that are non jihadist. The Kenyan cousin (oh yes he is a muslim too). This country is on a new tract, the road to perdition, the road to marxist lenist traditions, so sad. We will see what all the hype is about, neighbor locally here a staunch democrat in almost every election says yeah now we will have change, because once Obama, Reed, and Pelosi are through that's all thats going to be in our pockets, he must be a middle of the roader democrat not the extremist leftist that obama and Joe are.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can tell you know I haven't a clue when it comes to american politics: when I saw Obama had 338 or around about there electors???or elctrics and McCann 155 the % split showed 51 to Obama 49 to McCann - that didn't look right...anyways

I watched Obama making his acceptance speech and I enjoyed it - if he does usher in this change then good for america.

I was impressed the figures were released so quickly and that there wasn't any hassles.

I know my voting experience is going to be just that - my first experience at making my mark - I already know the party I'm voting for and I already know they won't win, but again for me it's all about the voting experience. Going to register this weekend.

• jws
    jws

Conservatives still have a huge voice on talk radio across the nation. And to look at it, last numbers I saw were 52% Obama, 46% McCain. That's still awfully close when you consider the choices.

On one side, you had a bitter, angry, 72-year-old man that most conservatives thought was too liberal at first and weren't excited about. His running mate energized some, but turned off a LOT of conservatives. And he ran a negative campaign which seemed to work against him.

On the other side, you have an articulate, handsome candidate with character, who ran a fairly positive campaign. He energized many, many people. Young people were excited to vote and came out. Life-long republicans came over to his side. Black voters came out strong.

Yet the margin seems a bit close. 6%? It should have been a LOT larger margin. The democrats put up a candidate with a following like a rock star and the republicans put up a luke-warm man and the spread is only 6%? What gives?

If the republicans had any sort of candidate that could hit a few things that turned people off about McCain (younger, better running mate, better on the economy, more aligned with the base), it probably would have been a republican victory.

Despite this loss, I don't think the republicans are that far off from regaining the white house, maybe even in 2012 if Barack doesn't do a good job (and after hamstringing him with the $700 billion bailout, that's possible).

Although the dems gained ground in the senate and house too. We'll see. The nation is still split close to even.

Things are stacked in the republicans favor to push their agenda and potentially gain more ground before the next elections. They are deathly afraid that the fairness in broadcasting will be reimplemented because right now, their talk show presence far outweighs that of liberal talk shows. Republicans have also been gaming the system during elections. Not providing democratic precincts with enough voting equipment or giving them older or faulty equipment, purging voter rolls, sending out notes to democrats like "to help with crowding at the polls, democrats will vote on Nov 5th". Maybe that's why the vote wasn't more of a runaway...

I just can't stand some of the stupid, ignorant people on the right. Not to say they're all stupid, but there are many. My brother-in-law initially said he was voting for Obama because of the Palin pick. But then changed his mind because he just couldn't bring himself to vote for a "n....." (insert racial slur) - ah, Texas... There are many gullible to swallow all kinds of misinformation that the right puts out. Obama's not really a US citizen, Obama is a muslim, etc. And they take truths and jump to bad conclusions. Like Obama's middle name is Hussein, Obama wore a muslim-like outfit once, his father was a muslim, etc. None of that means anything. Even if it did mean he was a secret muslim, so what? He can't be any worse than so-called Christians like Bush. Is it just me or haven't we heard the left putting out similar misinformation?

I was listening to calls on CSPAN last night. One McCain supporter was saying how the voters went with the wave and weren't really thinking about their vote. But when the country falls apart, they'll have to learn to think about who they're voting for. Actually, I think that was what just happened. We saw what voting for Republicans has done to the country. Now people are thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit