How do you define "miracle"? Have you ever witnessed one?

by gaiagirl 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I define "miracle" as an event which occurs in opposition or defiance of natural laws. I have never observed any occurance of any event taking place not in accord with natural laws.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have never witnessed a miracle either. Dooms you need a shot of penicillin, that burning will miraculosly go away.

• oompa
    oompa

HAIL NO!!!....geeze I don't even want to see a miracle....just ANY demon activity would help my faith!....let me see a picture move, or anything levitate dammit!!!!....that actually would be a miracle in my book.........................................oompa

• Farkel
    Farkel

:I define "miracle" as an event which occurs in opposition or defiance of natural laws.

I define "miracle" as an event which is a result of natural laws:

Sunrises and sunsets

The wonder and vastness of the cosmos

Warm days, snowy days, autumn days, spring days

The birth of a new human child

Love

After the "death" of winter, the rebirth and explosion of new life in the spring

The first time a child takes a step towards walking, the first word spoken by a child

A mother's love for her child

Waking up refreshed each morning to a brand new adventure of the day

Little children see wonderment and miracles in every new experience. They know what miracles are all about.

I guess for me, it is better to see miracles everywhere than to not see any miracles at all in life.

I think Pollyanna and Edith Bunker had it all figured out...

Farkel

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

We consider something to be a miracle when we do not understand how it occurs and hence feel it is impossible. However, once it occurs means it is possible so it is no longer a miracle.

For example, almost everything that we take for granted now would have been considered a miracle in Jesus day. Pain killers, medicine for mental illness, electricity, aeroplanes, cars, music. cameras, telephone, google earth, TV etc etc etc. Just because a person does not understand how it works or believe it is possible does not make it impossible and hence a miracle.

Of course, for the superstitious, when something outside the realms of our comprehension does happen, it is called a miracle and attributed to the hand of God.

• Slappy
    Slappy

We consider something to be a miracle when we do not understand how it occurs and hence feel it is impossible. However, once it occurs means it is possible so it is no longer a miracle.

For example, almost everything that we take for granted now would have been considered a miracle in Jesus day. Pain killers, medicine for mental illness, electricity, aeroplanes, cars, music. cameras, telephone, google earth, TV etc etc etc. Just because a person does not understand how it works or believe it is possible does not make it impossible and hence a miracle.

Of course, for the superstitious, when something outside the realms of our comprehension does happen, it is called a miracle and attributed to the hand of God.

My friend was driving 70+ mph, drove off the road, overcorrected, and ending up rolling his truck 3 times. He was thrown through the windshield and landed in the only patch of snow around. He sustained nothing but superficial wounds.

Would this fit the definition of a miracle? Oh, wait, it happened, so it cannot be a miracle.

So what do the 'non-superstitious' term such an occurance? Blind-chance? Incredible luck? Anything but a miracle...because they are more intelligent and know better.

slappy

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Every birth is a miracle.

Every accident avoided is a miracle.

Every human turned from suicide is a miracle.

Every homeless or needy person given a meal is a miracle.

Every elderly person given a hand to help them walk is a miracle.

Every human saved by the grace of God is a miracle.

BA- I have seen many miracles in my life. I have been blessed to be the recipient of many, as well as seeing others blessed with miracles in their life.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Doom, have yourself checked out the could be a kidney stone!!1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit