How to Bankrupt the WTS

by Farkel 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I had a pile about 4 or 5 feet tall of washtowels and asleeps that ended up in the shredder. That was a big waste, since I didn't donate a penny toward any of them.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Marvin: Have you ever tried to burn a stack of Watchtower and Awake magazines? You can soak em in gasoline--they won't burn completely. You can stir the fire over and over again--they won't burn completely. Marvin,

I have personal experience with successfully burning STACKS AND STACKS of Watchtower Society publications. The trick is not to do it in a pit or barrel, just on open ground where the wind can get to the coals and get yourself a nice long metal rod to use as a poker, because—and here's the important part—the fire has to be wide instead of high to burn 'em completely.

The coals from those things are extremely hot, like presoaked firelogs, and they use up LOTS of oxygen to burn. They will smother themselves out if there is not enough air getting to them.

Now that you know how, folks, get to torching them!

• halcyon
    halcyon

cog, it didn't occur to me to save mags for people in persecution, (I guess I always figured someone else would provide. Turns out that would have been YOU! :) ) but I had many fantasies about where I would hide once persecution broke out. I barely saw "The Diary of Anne Frank" once but it stuck with me forever. We didn't have an attic, which almost gave me an ulcer. Heck the whole fantasy gave me ulcers.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    cog, it didn't occur to me to save mags for people in persecution, (I guess I always figured someone else would provide. Turns out that would have been YOU! :) ) but I had many fantasies about where I would hide once persecution broke out. I barely saw "The Diary of Anne Frank" once but it stuck with me forever. We didn't have an attic, which almost gave me an ulcer. Heck the whole fantasy gave me ulcers.

Hey Halcyon: I had an ulcer circa 1984 also! You know, I was just thinking the other day, where else but on JWD can you instantly bond with complete strangers that you otherwise would have nothing in common with? It's bizarre really!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Speaking from personal experience I haven't donated for years and I throw hundreds of mags away every year.

I'm just a big ol' drain on their profit margins.

Now if they got rid of their shunning policy they could be rid of dubs like me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit