Revelation Grand Climax at Hand.......any analysis of this book available

by insearchoftruth 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Hello, my wife came home from the meeting yesterday with a new book......Revelation, Grand Climax at Hand, the 2006 printing.

Can anyone here point me to a review/analysis of this book, I V's post here with a comparison of the changes between the 1988 and 2006 versions, but looking for something that looks at the complete book.

Thanks,

ISOT

ps - have also posted this question on JWS, thanks!!

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hoo boy.

Basically, the whole point of Revelation was a bunch of conventions in Cedar Point Ohio in the 1930's where Jehovah's Witnesses promulgated a doctrine about the "generation" of Matthew 24 which is now conceded to be false.

Yep.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Is this the book where they try to identify a correlation of the trumpet blasts with themselves???

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Yes, the trumpet blasts are supposedly a bunch of JW conventions in the 1930s where JWs promoted "old light" aka false doctrines.

Hilariously, the Cedar Point convention was entitled "Millions Now Living Will Never Die". Talk about a false prophecy.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Other thoughts???

• still_in74
    still_in74

read my analysis of chapter 29 - re: 144k 7 great crowd.

Now looking at this book through unveiled eyes i cannot believe the degree of eisegetic manipulation and coercion of scripture to meet the agenda of the WTS.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/150919/1.ashx

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks stillin,

Any other comments and reviews would be appreciated!!

• yknot
    yknot

When the book came out originally - - - I loved that book.

After the fall of the Berlin Wall it seem really stupid..... especially to study again!

I admit I zoned out for the entire 2007 -July 2008 study too!

Atlantis recently uploaded both the 1988 and 2006 editions in PDF.... Here are the dl links

2006 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/1duzi9

1988- http://www.sendspace.com/file/klxiaz

I guess they are cleaning out the WT lit closet and counting her copy as a book placed toward FS!

There are several sites that point out odd pictures within the pictures in the Rev Book..... just google the title

Now on a lighter note feel free to make fun of the name all you want.... Revelations it's GRAND the CLIMAX is at [in] HAND!

• yknot
    yknot

OOPS it DOUBLE POSTED!

altaltalt

I hate big blank spaces........

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks ynot, have downloaded both books, I am unsure whether she will read or not, when she got home, was on the kitchen table, as of later in the day yesterday it was no longer in her stack of WT stuff, I am going to have to look and see if she already shelved it, was hoping she would either start to read it or hand it to me, would be a very straightforward way to introduce the UN scandal!!!

Still hoping there are some reviews of it here, I paged through a bit of it yesterday, what garbage!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit