Is Voting A Waste of Time?

by sammielee24 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Who ARE these people who make up the Electoral College anyway??? If it was up to only that hand full of people to make this decision, dont you think they would be corrupt to the rafters? Of course they would.

Generally where the popular vote goes, so goes the electoral college. If people are complacent like in 2000 and 2004, the WRONG GUY gets put into office!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Clive Maund doesnt even LIVE here.

Clive Maund is an English technical analyst, holding a diploma from the Society of Technical Analysts, Cambridge and lives in The Lake District, Chile.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yes it really is... For republicans! NO CHANCE hahahahahahahaha

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's not a waste of time if you feel this way.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27488247/ and

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27477898

My Lord, What A Morning

Sylvia

• John Doe

If you're voting for a Republican, it sure is!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Consider what happened in Florida with the 2000 election: Bush won the the Electoral votes by just 537 votes in Florida making him the President. There are 67 counties.

That means if just about 9 or 10 more people from each county had cast their vote for Al Gore.......he would have won the election.

Can you imagine if you had been one of those people who decided to stay home and not vote thinking it was a waste of time?

No matter which party, it is important you vote....make a difference!

Final certified vote for the state of Florida (25 electoral votes)
    Presidential CandidateVote Total%Party
    George W. Bush(W)2,912,79048.850Republican
    Al Gore2,912,25348.841Democratic
    Ralph Nader97,4211.633Green
    Patrick J. Buchanan17,4120.292Reform
    Harry Browne16,1020.270Libertarian
    John Hagelin2,2740.038Natural Law/Reform
    Howard Phillips1,3780.023Constitution
    Other3,0270.051
    Total5,962,657
    Source: CBS News State Results for Election 2000

However, data based on Federal Election Commission are slightly different:

Federal official vote for the state of Florida (25 electoral votes)
    Presidential CandidateVote Total%Party
    George W. Bush(W)2,912,79048.847Republican
    Al Gore2,912,25348.838Democratic
    Ralph Nader97,4211.634Green
    Patrick J. Buchanan17,4840.293Reform
    Harry Browne16,4150.275Libertarian
    John Hagelin2,2810.038Natural Law/Reform
    Howard Phillips1,3780.023Constitution
    Other3,0280.051
    Total5,963,110
    Source: 2000 OFFICIAL PRESIDENTIAL GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS
  • Farkel
    Farkel

I cannot believe such a question would ever be asked? I do note that most people who claim voting is a waste of time are those who don't vote.

There are roughly 300,000,000 people in America and probably about 100,000,000 are eligible to vote.

George Bush won the 2000 election by less than 300 votes because only a few hundred democrats thought voting was a "waste of time." We've had the worst President in my lifetime (and I've lived through 11 Presidents) because a few hundred people didn't care enough to vote. And I'm a Libertarian by philosophy who is more conservative than not. I still feel that way about Bush.

There are only two things left that Americans have which can allow us to take back our Country and get back our liberties:

Voting: (throw ALL the incumbant bastards out and keep doing that until they finally get the message we've had enough of their crap.

The Jury System: unfair and unConstitutional laws are passed by the hundreds each week. If you are on a Jury, no matter what the Judge says, and you believe a law is unfair and/or unConstitutional, vote to acquit. Criminal bureaucrats can pass all the corrupt laws they want, but if rank and file Americans on juries won't convict based upon those laws, those laws become meaningless.

Farkel

• Sasha
    Sasha

As far as the Bible says, these "Kings" are put in place by him.....I don't vote....old habits die hard.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The two parties are different sides of the same coin.

The two parties are the same party with different supposed ideologies.

The different supposed ideologies serve only to divide the populous too lazy or stupid to understand that the difference is only in words, not actions.

A divided populous serves only to argue with each other over supposed different ideology rather than fighting the real problem.

The evil stay in power because of illusion of power of the people by the people.

It is selection, not election.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit