If you were DFd: How did you feel at first? (for my book project)

by Awakened at Gilead 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

My experience was a bit unusual. I had silently left the church 4 years before they felt the need to punish my family for continuing to speak with me. They actually DF'd me and my wife without our presence based upon heresay. Because at the time I felt their action threatened my parents wellbeing ( I was a caregiver and their fear of the WT would put them in a precarious position) I appealed the decision and demanded the chance to meet my accusors. We prepared for the event with a digital voice recorder in my case. I felt recording the actual mock trial would be useful if other family desired to know what really took place. (I would strongly encourage this as it is an empowering element in an arrangement designed to intimidate) My wife used their "submissive wife" rule to insist that I be present when they interrogated her. They had to comply. They did nothing but read vague "testimony" about my doubts about certain Bible stories said years before. I repeated that I was having doubts but did not wish to be visited or disfellowshipped. One Elder then completely made up a lie on the spot and claimed to have heard me denounce the WT. I declared he was lying to his face. When they ruled against us 5 minutes later, it was hardly a surprise, but we had done what we could to protect my parents. After the "hearing" I walked out to my family member who had participated and shook his hand telling him I understood why he did what he did and that I would always be available if he wanted. He was holding back tears.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Wow....I wonder if I will get the ole DF one day....Sounds horrible. Luckily all of my family is dead.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I see this was started a long time ago.Is the Book completed?
    When I was DF for NOT believing that Jesus came invisably in 1914.
    After 25 yrs of faithful service,I was "out in the world"for two years
    thought of suicide all the time,I felt I must be the Judas of my time.
    I nearly jumped under a Bus.But as a young fellow was walking towards me
    I thought HE would never forget the scene,so didnt,
    I then started getting"COMMENTS FROM THE FRIENDS"which enabled me
    to start taking back my mind.Then went to PA for the Bill Cetnar"Witness of Jehovah"
    Convention.that was in 1989( DF in 1987 two years after my hubby died 1985)
    Loads of EX JWs there giving there Testimony . That is where I found the TRUTH!!
    No need to listen to anyone else. Christ is the WAY TRUTH LIFE!!!so He is MY
    leader....

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Any word about this project?

Is Lance still around?

• clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit