When was the Mosaic law abolished?

by digderidoo 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Bear this too in mind..... The Law was exclusive.

Gentiles are not, nor never have been under obligation. Jesus new covenant is optional as well.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

yknot

Romans 3:19

Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God;

• yknot
    yknot

DD,

(Romans

3:19-20)19 Now we know that all the things the Law says it addresses to those under the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped and all the world may become liable to God for punishment. 20 Therefore by works of law no flesh will be declared righteous before him, for by law is the accurate knowledge of sin.

NASB- 19 Now we know that whatever the ( A ) Law says, it speaks to ( B ) those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and ( C ) all the world may become accountable to God; 20 because ( D ) by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for ( E ) through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

It is knowing the Law we understand sin, thus all scriptures are beneficial but the Law was given only to the Israelites.

Compare

(Romans

7:5-6) . . .. 6 But now we have been discharged from the Law, because we have died to that by which we were being held fast, that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit, and not in the old sense by the written code.

There are moral themes that carry from the "Law" into the "New Covenant".....but the Law itself was fulfilled.
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

yknot

The Law was given to the Israelites. But it comdemns the whole world.

You said

Gentiles are not, nor never have been under obligation.

Can you show a verse that says this. It's only through faith in Christ do we recieve grace.

...but the Law itself was fulfilled.

On this we agree.

• yknot
    yknot

DD,

Romans 2:14

NWT- 14 For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.

NASB- 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do ( A ) instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,

NIV- 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law

YLT- 14 For, when nations that have not a law, by nature may do the things of the law, these not having a law -- to themselves are a law;

HCSB- 14 So, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, instinctively ( A ) do what the law demands, they are a law to themselves even though they do not have the law.

KJV- 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

The only "nation" God gave a set of specific laws to in the Hebrew Scriptures/OT is Isreal Israel... at least to my knowledge.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    14 For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves.

To me, this says that the "natural man" acts out of conscience.

Hebrew Scriptures/OT is Isreal.... at least to my knowledge

No offense, ynot, but an easy way to remember the correct spelling IS-RA-El is to think of the three deities...Isis, Ra, El

• yknot
    yknot

Correcting my errors....

LOL

I see you are still fixated on the alien UFO thing..... maybe you should read Kali Yuga.

Personally I will be smirking 'demons' if ETs appear pointing to the book of Job ......

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

ynot

The only "nation" God gave a set of specific laws to in the Hebrew Scriptures/OT is Isreal Israel... at least to my knowledge.

I agree

But, you said

Gentiles are not, nor never have been under obligation.

This gives the impression that the rest of the world is not condemned already.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

yknot

Gentiles are not, nor never have been under obligation. Jesus new covenant is optional as well.

Optional in what way? Are you saying there are other options for salvation?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It was never abolished. It is still followed by millions of people. True, some Jews joined a sect that stopped obeying the law, and later relaxed the membership requirements to allow goyim to join but that has little to do with true Judaism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit