...It` Sunday!...Why are`nt You at the Kingdom hall?!!...

by OUTLAW 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You horrible Apostates have nothing better to do than enjoy your Sundays and hate Jehovah!!.....Here you all are,at JWD..When you should be at the Kingdom Hall or out in the Field Service!.....Everyone of you had one extra hour to get prepared to go to the Kingdom Hall..Do you know who gave you that extra hour?..Jehovah!!......You are all the Devil`s Disciple`s!..The Son`s of Satan!.....Why are you enjoying the pleasures of "Satan on Sunday"?!..Instead of going to the Kingdom Hall?!..Where everyone of you know,you should be!!.......................................Laughing Mutley

• Mandette
    Mandette

Outlaw you are a scream!!!!! Actually I'm working...pursuing very bad things like paying my bills, feeding my fur-kids, etc.

I'm a baaaaaaaaad girl!!! Especially since I'd much rather be working than to be at the Hall....blech!

• Slappy
    Slappy

Because I'm considerate like that. I'm doing them a favor, and I'm doing me a favor.

I doubt they'd take kindly to my preaching and praising Christ instead of Jehovah after the meetings anyway.

Besides, I get so much more out of my individual dwelling on Christ (NOT Jehovah) at home than I would get in a lifetime at a KH.

slappy

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Some of these worldly holidays are so confusing..I can never remember; Was I supposed to say up late and party an extra hour, or in bed and sleep an extra hour? Oh well, I did both.

lisa

• yknot
    yknot

skipped out on the WT study....

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I attend The Kingdom Hall of Satan's Witnesses every Sunday morning, its a lot of fun we burn Watchtower and Awake

magazines on a alter and then we conclude with a song a prayer

• Warlock
    Warlock

"Judge not, lest ye be judged".

Warlock

• mustang
    mustang

First, it would ruin my record of ~35 years of non-attendance. That's ~8840 weekly meetings, not including any assemblies.

But second and more importantly, it would change my status altogether.

I am currently a very peculiar and extinct form of Jehovah's Witness. I quit attending meetings, doing Field Service and so forth in 1974; in fact, my last meeting was the last meeting of 1974. I resolved to never go back.

Further, beyond that simple resolution of not going back, it occurred that WTS took an evolutionary step in the 1980's. they changed the Baptismal Vows.

You can look up any one of several essays that enumerate 5 or more different years of baptismal Vows. The purpose of all of these its to illustrate that WTS cut out the loopholes of the old practice of accepting a "generic Christian Baptism" as being acceptable.

And further, the questions asked in the Baptismal Vows changed from essentially the same as those "generic Christian Baptisms" to being PLEDGES OF ALLEGIANCE to WTS. Consequently, my Baptism was not such a PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE to WTS.

All fine and good: so what's the problem with going to a few meetings?

My brother and I are having this discussion. He was involved in the legal "industry" at one time, before shifting to another career. He commented that 'our Baptisms were essentially the a "generic Christian Baptisms"'.

So, I returned, 'we're not JW's?, not having been baptized as such'?

He returned, 'the problem with that is the legal doctrine of Ratification'.

(Yes, Law has "doctrines", just like a Religion).

'And that means ...', I responded.

"Ratification means that when they made the changeover and no longer accepted the "generic Christian Baptism" and required the new Vows, then any new JW's were Baptized under the new Vows. But the older memberships were transferred over to the newer format after some point of the older members 'going along with the program'. At that point, the older member Ratifies the changes. The older member has the option of suspending activity and by never continuing, he rejects the new rulings."

"You mean that I haven't Ratified the early 80's changes? I quit going, no meetings, Field Service, talks, regular or irregular association, nothing".

"Essentially, yes. Any future return to association will do the Ratification automatically. They have no requirement to inform you of these technicalities; you are expected to be cognizant of such matters without external coaching. So, many people have been caught up in this and never knew that they could 'opt out'; you successfully opted out".

"Look it up in the Law Library or books; all it takes is a Law Dictionary; you will get the gist of it by the definitions. Some hunting through textbooks will get you an example. But the best example is either the passing of a new Law by a Legislative Body, or simply your latest Credit Card change of APR. The Law change can be found in History books or Political Commentaries, as well."

"The Credit Card example is simple: you are paying 15%, but your November statement tells you that the rate will change to 18% on the first of January, next. You have a number of options: formally accept the change in writing, do nothing and accept the change without acknowledgment or continue paying off the old balance at the old rate and pay off the balance and quit altogether. The first two options accept the new rate, the second two do not accept the new rate. One of those is complicated by continuing to use the service, without a clean break."

"Any use will invoke or Ratify the change?, I queried.

"Yes, that is the principle of the Legal doctrine", was the reply.

Well, inadvertently, I 'opted out' of the changeover. This makes me either a non-JW (a generic Christian, perhaps, a la my generic Christian Baptism) or some sort of "trapped in time" 1950's JW that doesn't exist any more.

So, long story - long, you can see that I do not wish to endanger my unique status.

This was not a one-liner, but you asked for it :)

And this is certainly in the vein of WTS and their penchant for legalisms.

Many here do not like heavy detail or legalism; that's tough and I've done as much "dumbing down" as I intend to. But when dealing with the Devil, you must consider the source and think as the Devil.

Mustang

• StAnn
    StAnn

My husband, two of my sons, and I spent four hours placing political ads on cars this morning.

It was fun and a good lesson in civics for my kids.

A couple of people became REALLY ANGRY! But that just spurred us on.

A different kind of "field service" this Sunday morning.

Serena

• halcyon
    halcyon

I had to go to the Halloween store and buy 50% off costumes ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit