Before Being Baptized . . .

by AuldSoul 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks for all the kind support!

Please feel free to use that chart. I made it so it could be printed easily and shared with JWs, those studying to become JWs, and those with family or friends who are JWs. Thought it might help to see it laid out so starkly.

The link to the chart by itself is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/Baneblessed/beforebeingbaptized.jpg

Hi (((Carla))), (((Leslie))), (((restrangled))), and (((yknot)))! Shamus, I don't believe I have run across you before. I haven't been posting here very much this year. But, (((shamus100))) <-- manly hug.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    restrangled: Auldsoul, please add to your list the 80 questions or what ever the number required before you can be approved for babtism.

restrangled,

That is covered by the column "Prove Bible Knowledge."

It is a bit of a misnomer, because it isn't Bible knowledge they prove. Rather, they prove they know sufficient proof texts to support the Governing Body doctrines and they prove they know how to misapply Scripture. But I figured if this is going to be effective for reaching JWs it will have to be presented non-confrontationally.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• bite me
    bite me

This was very interesting info. Thank you for sharing.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You're welcome, bite me. I hope it will help you or someone you know.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Here's my question:

Baptized as a baby in a Episcopal Church by my parent.

Never baptized as an adult. 40 yrs. in the truth and never did it. (Ok, I was in and out), but what do ya' all think of getting baptized if you believe in Jesus as you're saviour? I read in one book, written by an x- J.W., that you can get you're girlfriend, basically, to baptize you!!!!! As long as you go under some body of water and say the "right" things!!!????

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Sasha,

My understanding on Christian baptism is basically informed by three Scriptures.

Matthew 28:19, 20 shows me who it is that can baptize someone. I think it is saying that anyone who believes that commission applies to them is qualified to baptize other people.

Acts 2 shows me how Peter applied Jesus' words at Matthew 28:19, 20, and he did not use formalized words like, "In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost . . ." It seems to have been the baptizee's perspective, their heart attitude, that was most important, not a specific rote and ritualistic invocation by the baptizer.

1 Peter 3:21 shows me what the Bible think baptism means. I can find no Scriptural reason to forbid someone from getting baptized again if they feel the need to do so.

I hope that helps.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Sasha
    Sasha

Thank you Auld Soul......qualified to baptized someone, eh? Actually, I do feel the need. Wonder where I could find that special someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit