"Jehovah's Witnesses in The Divine Purpose" 1959 - pdf request

by CharlieBrownsLovelyDaughter 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CharlieBrownsLovelyDaughter
    CharlieBrownsLovelyDaughter

I am looking for a copy of this book. I found an old link from back in May, but it is no longer active. Does anyone have a pdf copy to share?

• yknot
    yknot

uploading now ..... I will post the link and send you a PM when complete.

• yknot
  • cabasilas
  • bob1999
    bob1999

What a bunch of BS and re-writing of history.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Why in the world would you ever want to read that pile of shit? It was written in the same style as Rutherfords 1941 classic "Children" book. Several people are having this discussion: there is the braindead dub couple and the eager-as-beavers-to-learn-everything-about-dubs couple having a series of "Bible Studies."

Mr. and Mrs. "Eager" ask just the right questions at the right time and Mr. and Mrs. "BraindeadDubs" give them just the right answers at that time.

The problem is, not only is the book sappy and stupid, most of it is a BIG LIE and a MAJOR WHITEWASH of Watchtower history. The backlash on that 1959 Novel was so big that the WTS finally came out in the early 1990's with the "Proclaimers" book. It has its problems, too, but it is a thousand times more honest than the JP book.

Farkel

• oompa
    oompa

Farkel and anybody else........your comment reminds me........why in the hell would wt ever release the proclaimers book???????????????????????very damning......oompa

• yknot
    yknot

Because history tends to repeat itself.....

They like Russell, Rutherford, & F.Franz.......believe their own publicity Bullsh*t.

Is there any greater form of self-destruction then believing your own lies.

• Farkel
    Farkel

oompa,

:Farkel and anybody else........your comment reminds me........why in the hell would wt ever release the proclaimers book???????????????????????very damning......

You can ask Barbara Anderson that question, too. She was a lead researcher for Proclaimers. I believe the book was written because the JP book was panned so extensively by people who had IQs at least above the middle 60's, and the WTS had to come up with something more honest than the crap in the JP book. The Proclaimers book addresses many of the omissions and falsehoods in the JP book. The problem is, those embarrassing admissions are buried in paragraphs throughout the book in chapters which have NOTHING TO DO with the subject matter those admissions are all about. They are just "stuck" in paragraphs here and there regardless of the context of the paragraphs or the chapters. To put it another way, only researchers who take the time and effort can find them. Dubs don't and can't. Hell, they cannot even read a 32 page Watchtower. How then, can they read through a book that is hundreds of pages long and "glean" out those gems of admissions that are buried inside chapters that are not even relevant to them?

It seems obvious to me that the WTS buried them in the book that way so in case a controversial subject was brought up, they could say, "Hey! We discussed that in Proclaimers on page ____ in paragraph ___."

When a dumb dub sees that, the dub would likely say, "Hey! I didn't know that the Proclaimers chapter on "1975 and Other False Prophecies, Lies and Disappointments" contained information on how Chuck Russell tried to screw Maria out of Court Ordered and lawful alimony and even locked her out of her own hone. Imagine that!"

Oh, wait! THAT stuff isn't in there! Not EVERY nasty fact about the WTS is in the Proclaimers book: just the ones they think they can get away with admitting and still keep their little Cult going.

Farkel

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Hell, they cannot even read a 32 page Watchtower.

You got that right. I must admit I was guilty of this many many times.

The Claw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit