Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-02-08 WT Study (PURE LANG)

by blondie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• eby
    eby

The WT reads an awful lot into this scripture (Zeph. 3:9).

Another scripture that may have a bearing on the understanding of it is Hosea 2:16, 17: "In that day," declares the LORD, "you will call me 'my husband', you will no longer call me 'my master.' I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked." (NIV)

NIV footnote: husband...master...Baals. A play on words. Of the two Hebrew words for husband, one (master) is identical with the name of the god Baal...There will be such a vigorous reaction against Baal worship that this Hebrew word for "master" will no longer be used of the Lord.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The most common question heard almost worldwide after this Watchtower magazine study is: "Where we gonna eat lunch?".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I think that Password Protected said it well when he wrote.
    Do the WTS really want JWs to do intense Bible study and meditation? Personally speaking it was this very activity that ushered me out of the KH
    Same here. The article was based on Zeph 3.9 - The context would seem strange if any dub considered it. Vs 8 is, by WT explanation describing Armageddon. The vs says "Then I shall give.......a pure language". So does that not place the meaning of this vs after, or at least at the time of Armageddon, not in the 20th and 21st centuries prior to that day?..But there I go, thinking again .... Otherwise, the application of the illustration was stretched beyond the limit and it was really just another "do more in Service" article. "Memorize, Analyze,Study, Listen, Imitate..Not only does it sound gruelling but the cult like comments are well justified
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa
    THE gift of language did not originate with mankind but, rather, with man's Creator, Jehovah God. (Ex. 4:11, 12) He gave the first human, Adam, the ability not only to speak but also to coin new words and thus expand his vocabulary. (Gen. 2:19, 20, 23) What a wonderful gift this has proved to be! It has even enabled mankind to communicate with their heavenly Father and to praise his glorious name.

Have you ever watched a baby learn to form their speech?

My grandaughter, without any encouragement, just naturally at nine months old, babbles of course.

ma ma ma maa maa mamma. OmG, she is saying momma!!!

dadadadadadad da DA da, omg she is saying dadda!!!

I am momma and you are dadda!!

I must be mom and you are dad!

Anyway, thanks for the review, sure you are having a great time in Dallas.

purps

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks, Blondie.

Q5 I like your reference to the wt89 p19 par7 because it is totally opposite to what they say in their latest public wt qfr.

Bob

• Gram
    Gram

Regarding Paragraph 10 ...imitate or mimic ...pronounciation or speech patterns ...

How about all the overbearing and pompous clones that imitate and mimic the most fluent speaker? They sound "full of themselves", look down at others, speak with "authority" ... even to the point of imitating their mannerisms, etc. It is usually the younger ones aspiring for theocratic advancement within the Cong. Anyone else notice this?

(I found it sickening.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit