I am en elder and I am ready to VOTE!

by outofthebox 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I know that this quote is 52 years old, but nothing has changed, except a more tactful way of putting it in print -

* w56 11/1 p. 648 How True Christians View Politics *

Today the Christian witnesses of Jehovah, like the witnesses of Jehovah in the early days of Christianity, keep unspotted from the world. They conscientiously refrain from taking part in the politics of this world, yes, even from voting. They know that political participation not only would be futile but would bring God’s disapproval. Maintaining the true Christian view of politics will help you keep unspotted from this wicked system of things and gain everlasting life under the perfect government of the post-Armageddon new world.

In my old "Shepherding The Flock " book, anyone guilty of what they cal "Non neutral activities" would be viewed as disassociated. I believe it is still the same and voting is one of those actions. You would have to claim that you entered the booth and spoilt your paper , and think of a reason why.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    I am en elder and I am ready to VOTE!

Me too! Me too!

I am voting for the first time in my life. I am so excited!

At this point I really don't care if I am found out or not. The polls here open at 7:30 a.m. and I am leaving my house at 7:00 a.m., hopefully, to avoid the rush and long lines.

I personally think it is unconscionable that witnesses are not allowed to vote. Our Constitution calls for a separation of religion from politics. We should have the right to choose whom we think best to govern us.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

This will be fun. I'll let you know if I get DF or something. LOL. As you can see I am more relaxed now :)

Anyway... No, Flip, I won't tell you who I am voting for and no my friends, no secret letters yet. I found about stuff here first. LOL.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I am so glad to hear you voted. I do as well (I live in Canada) and have done so for the past several elections. It feels good!

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit