DA on Sunday, Announced on Tuesday

by passwordprotected 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

As you may be aware, my wife and I DAd ourselves on Sunday afternoon. It was announced to our old congregation last night (Tuesday). It will apparently be announced to their sister congregation tomorrow (Thursday).

Is it just me, or is that a wee bit quick?

Wouldn't it normally go to the Branch by letter and be announced the following week on receipt of acceptance from the Branch?

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

What business have they announcing it in another cong? I thought that was a no-no. I mean, gossip spreads so fast among dubs, they'll probs all know b4 the announcement anyway!

But it does seem a bit quick. Guess they see you as very dangerous if they are cutting the "leaven" out before you ferment the whole lump!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

That, I don't know, passwordprotected. Just wanted to say that your life is going to get so much better now that this can be put behind you.

I hope your family does not completely shun you.

• scotsman
    scotsman

If you DA why would the Branch need to rubber stamp it?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

If you DAed, why would they wait on the announcement?

DAing is your decision. It doesn't have to be OKed by the Branch!

If you were DFed, they'd give you a week to appeal the judicial committee's decision before they announced it. But of course an appeal doesn't apply in any way to your own decision to DA yourself, so your decision to DA would be announced at the next Service Meeting, which I assume was Tuesday.

S4

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

According to organizational rules they are free to announce DA and DF in as many congregations as they feel is necessary to protect the flock from inadvertent infection. They would say that passwordprotected and Mrs. are now infected with a deadly disease, a virus of sorts that is transmitted by words. In my opinion, they came down with a bad case of noble-mindedness.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

They do it quickly so you cant go talk to anybody before they can "cut you off". And particularly if congregations share a hall or they are close in proximity, they will announce it in other congregations. I had been in three different congregations, and it was announced that I DAd in all of them.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congratulations!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

No need to notify the branch on a DAing. If you were adamant (which seeing as how your attending another church I would call it adamant), there were be no need to wait around. They don't have to wait the 7 days for an appeal like they do with a DFing. Also, you were an elder until recently right? That's probably why they're announcing to the other congregation. BTW - Congrats on taking a stand!

• sacolton
    sacolton

I wonder how many ripples your DA will cause in the congregation. Maybe some will consider leaving too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit