1984 Survival Into a New Earth--PDF!

by Atlantis 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1984 Survival Into a New Earth--PDF! Bookmarked Searchable Reduced Front cover? Click here: http://www.imagger.com/view/664586_Scan-10001.jpg.html Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/q3ccu1 Cheers! Atlantis!-

• yknot
    yknot

Great Job !

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

That's the book that caused my mother to become a JW.

I think I'll read it, might be interesting to show her all the ways "the truth" has changed since then...

Thanks for all the good work with the pdfs.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

I am not the first to point this out. However, the best "spiritual gems" of this book are found on pages 184 and 185. Note that the Society is clear that the Anointed of 1914 and the Great Crowd of 1935 will live to see Armageddon.

We know they have twice since 1984 dealt with the 1914 Generation issue by going in doctrinal circles.

But this 1935 Great Crowd deal is a problem for them. For those of us that have seen Parents, Grand Parents, and Great Grand Parents die with an "earthly hope" it is clear that the call for the Great Crowd went out too soon after all!

• sir82
    sir82
    But this 1935 Great Crowd deal is a problem for them. For those of us that have seen Parents, Grand Parents, and Great Grand Parents die with an "earthly hope" it is clear that the call for the Great Crowd went out too soon after all!

Exactly so. The distinguishing mark of the Great Crowd is that they "come out of the tribulation.". Well, if nobody from 1935 is around whenever "the tribulation" hits, then guess what - they weren't part of the Great Crowd after all! They were no better and no worse off than any other schmoe who happened to live in the 19th century, or 18th century, or 17th century, or...

Presuming that you had to be somewhat mentally aware and accountable to be part of the GC, the youngest of that group is well over age 80 today. And they ain't getting any younger!

Of course, to come to that conclusion, you need to be able to think rationally and concentrate on a matter for more than 5 consecutive seconds. Thus, the Society has nothing to fear from a typical JW questioning this.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Yknot:

Amha"ret:

Ultimate Reality:

Sir82:

Your welcome! Thank you for your comments!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks

Take care,

Ismael

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

MadGiant:

Your welcome!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• betweenworlds