Which computerprogrammes are used to produce wt magazines?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

including the awake!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

badboy,

All text and layout is done using MEPS running on Windows. MEPS was originally designed for use on IBM's OS/2 operating system. It was modified to run on Windows. They have looked at dumping MEPS for some commercial program, but none support all the languages in which the Watch Tower Corporation produces their litteratrash.

Art Dept does the artwork and various page design stuff on Macs, probably still Adobe programs. I think the demons help some, too.

That's the last I knew anyway.

B the X

• Robert7
    Robert7

I have heard (probably urban legend) that the WT uses some home-grown translation software to translate to the many languages. I heard that this is supposedly so good that some corporations have tried to approach the WTS to license it, but they wouldn't do it.

I agree with BtheX, that the demons probably helped! LOL!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I have heard (probably urban legend) that the WT uses some home-grown translation software to translate to the many languages.

This is a common misconception. It seems most Witnesses think the MEPS software actually translates everything. It doesn't do anything of the sort. They use real people for translating.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It might be Photoshop or more likely the GIMP (which is free so will not use those precious assets) used to manipulate those subliminal images.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The WT. and other literature is written in ( .SGS ) Spiritually guided software

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• VM44
    VM44
    MEPS was originally designed for use on IBM's OS/2 operating system

In the early days, when The Watchtower started to use computers for data processing, they chose to use IBM mainframes.

Does The Watchtower have a fixation on using IBM computer products?

I bet The Watchtower programmers even used IBM's PL/I language at one time!

• mary stewart
    mary stewart

any way to ownload a copy of meps? i'd like a copy. hope it works on xp.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It
    MEPS was originally designed for use on IBM's OS/2 operating system

In the early days, when The Watchtower started to use computers for data processing, they chose to use IBM mainframes.

Does The Watchtower have a fixation on using IBM computer products?

I bet The Watchtower programmers even used IBM's PL/I language at one time!

No one was ever disfellowshipped for choosing IBM. (Modified IT cliché)

// Not Feeling It votes for the demonic "ghost writers"

-- Not Quarking It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit