Did you understand doctrine when you were "in"?

by halcyon 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I was young I used to have some things that I left for others to explain. As I grew up, then 'matured' I realised that I knew as much as anyone else. I realised that there were some things that you just took on trust, like the explanation of Revelation, the chronology leading to 1914 etc. And some beliefs, like no birthdays and Christmas I just went with because it was all a part of the Organization that I belonged to.

In reality I was sure that the WTS was the f and d slave, why? "because they were the slave, of course" and told me so .Therefore I accepted that they could interpret the Bible...Pretty stupid when I think about it now.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I think it's impossible to know the full doctrine - every word for word. What was the last decision on whether the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were to be resurrected? The Society has flip-flopped on that issue several times. Will Adam be resurrected? Did Jesus not resurrect in the flesh, but desolved into gases? Where did dinosaurs come from? Are the dead anointed our mediators? Stuff like that ... you just can't keep up with it.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

No..I didn't understand them at all. I could recite them back to you, but it didn't make sense to me and I didn't understand, and/or believe them, I also didn't know why I felt that way.

I thought it was something wrong with me. I remember asking my mom if mentally retarded people know they are mentally retarded. She says, they know they are different. ...I knew I was different.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit