Is Life What You Make It?

by Englishman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• radar
    radar

Just as I predicted, mostly all would confess to falling in catagory 2.with a leaning towards No 1.

Well all of you now, pat yourselves on the back.You obviously have recovered from the Borg.NOT!

Radar

Like all people who have nothing, I lived on dreams

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Radar,

Nobody here is saying that we are completely recovered. The borg has damaged the majority of the people here for years. Most of us are not stupid enough to think that we'll get over it in a few days or months. If you spent 20 years in the borg, it will likely take you at least that much time to recover. I know it will probably be a lifelong thing on my part. I guess I don't understand the sarcasm or anger I'm gathering from your post. What's up? If you don't agree with Englishman's ideas, go to another post.

Andi

• Englishman
    Englishman

Radar,

Watch out for number 3's, they're the worst kind...

Actually, about 70% of th population fall into group 2, take a peek at 'The road less travelled'.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• radar
    radar

Thought in the Borg was controlled.
    We only knew one way of thinking, ie: the Watchtower's way.
    Consequently, we could not learn or progress in our thinking,or see our own Hypocrasy.
    So when someone raises questions here on this board, that don't exactly run with popular consent, it is good! it is the only way to progress in your learning.
    Do you want to be surrounded only by people that agree with you? that is where stagnation of thought and mind begins.We experienced it at the Kingdom Halls.

Having been shunned by the Borg, there is understandably, a tendency by us to want to belong and re-gain acceptance by others.
    and it is boards like this, that reveal that.
    This was my point I was trying to highlight to Englishman and so to all.

It is a need to belong or wanted.It is what kept us in the Borg.

Radar

Like all people who have nothing, I lived on dreams

• ISP
    ISP

I think life is what you make it! You can improve it and enjoy it!

ISP

• searcher
    searcher

NO_ONE falls totaly into any group in ALL of their life. Someone well-balanced in one area will be neurotic in another etc.
    Dealing with life involves knowing the problem we have with each area.
    Trying to totaly be in one categary is destructive. A person will definately develope an unbalanced view if he/she tries.

steve

• Prisca
    Prisca

I used to be No.2 but am definitely leaning towards No.1 now. Especially since I lef the restrictions of the Borg.

And contrary to Radar's theory, I didn't say that because I'm trying to make friends or whatever. I simply recognised myself as I read Englishman's post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit