Holy Disfellowshipping batman

by lancelink 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Nowman
    Nowman

Hey, I am from those areas, and still live in the area. I know there are a few people from Illinois on this board, I am so curious!

Kerj, if you read this, let us know if you heard anything?

Nikki

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

About few years ago there were mass df'ing of teens from 3 circuits. About 5 were reproved and 4 were df'd from my congo and even more from another congo in the same hall. They were involved in a sex ring. It seems that the reproved teens were only involved in oral and fingering and the df'd teens were involved in actual intercourse. The ages ranged from 13 to 16. And supposed there also same-sex activity involved.

Most of the teens claimed they didn't know that oral or fingering was a no-no for JWs. You should have heard local needs talk .

They are all kids of elders, most of them with pioneering mothers. Did I mention that a number of these kids were on the CA as 'examples' a few months before they were reproved\df'd. The ring had been going on for some time. I think only one of the teens still attend meetings.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Wow haven't heard anything about it! But I will ask if it's true.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

"And she snitched out two friends, and they snitched out two friends, and so on, and so on, and so on."

The aftermath of some partying and uncovered double living.

• candel
    candel

Hey I was also from that area. I heard that a few got DF from Lindenhurst Cong. For a party I heard part was from underage drinking. I don't know if cops got called. But I know one of the ones to get DF was from the perfect JW family. So I was glad to hear it happen they always judged everyone else. Karma...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

something similar happened here in Los Angeles in the early 90's. A dozan or so congregations and 3 circuits. It took them months of fact finding as each publisher would rat out a few friends, and so on, and so on........

• lancelink
    lancelink

I find this very hard to believe. Where did you hear it from?

1),My kids keep in contact with a teenager who attends one of the affected halls

2), One of the elders called me up yesterday asking how I was doing, he mentioned that 53 (not 50) teenagers
    were DF'ed.

3), My wife heard in conversation this morning that 4 kids from our old hall were now gone, the local needs part was on drinking.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

And there ya have it. The drinking and then the sex. The magic combo.

About eight years ago there was a bunch of partying and some of the couples got together. 3 df'd and several publicly reproved. One was a MS and one elder. Three marriages ended up in divorce

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Ok, well I believe you now Lancelink, thanks.

It's bizarre that this is happening when the WBTS are already struggling to keep youth in the organisation. Their harsh disfellowshipping policy is absolutely insane but, hey, I guess the kids were not 'repentant' so didn't care that much about kowtowing to stay and they were quite happy to leave anyway knowing that all their other JW mates were getting disfellowshipped too.

But this is quite dramatic in showing the extent of the problem the Society has in trying to stop all the young ones leaving in their droves.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That's a good point. It's not as scary being out if your closest friends are there with u. I'd say this has a positive twist to it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit