Latest United Nations-End of Religion-End of World alert

by Questions1 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Notice there is essentially no information given in the story!

It is vague on everything, nothing can be checked.

And why would ECONOMISTS be going after relgion?

The story is baloney!

One wonders about the people who create these fake stories.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

IS THIS TRUE?! Heart beating fast, shivering...scared Please say it's false.... If it's an urban legend find me the site of the legend...please. Google is showing nothing x.x

• sir82
    sir82
    IS THIS TRUE?!

Yes! OMG! It's TRUE TRUE TRUE!!! Go hide under your bed right now!

[sigh]

Or...go back and read all of the other comments in reply to this thread. Take a deep breath, and think about what the words "urban legend" mean. Think about how little power the UN really has. Think....period.

Clue #1: "Google is showing nothing"

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

I did read over all the comments! But what you say is no proof either without finding the urban legend on another site, which I'm trying any search combination available. I can call someone and ask..but if it's only one meeting they may not know. And I have to wait till it's not 6:13am to call too or get yelled at... The world could end by then! *hides*

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Hikaru - You've got to chill. There are several threads running on this made up piece of garbage. Just to summarize - 1) the story has been around for over 20 years, 2) the actual story doesn't add up, 3) the UN has NO POWER. They couldn't ban religion even if they wanted to, 4) even the WT has back off the UN and now says "nations within the UN" (likely because of their 9 year status as a NGO with them). Lots of folks have pointed out the major flaws in the story and the hallmarks of "urban legend". You won't find anything using Google because the JWs are such a small fringe group and these legends are circulated only among the faithful. I'm over 20 years older than you and I've heard variants of this story my entire life. Have you sought help with your panic attacks? I'm really worried about you from reading some of your posts.

• Hikaru
    Hikaru

And it's just a sudden irony that this appears in google alerts/news right after seeing this topic?

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Religion-Ethics-NewsweeklyUN-Foundation-Survey/story.aspx?guid={AEC10E06-112E-44BC-B7CE-1AA1D324C408}

THAT'S KINDA SCARRY!

• Gordy
    Gordy

RE: the orginal post by Question1.

I heard our Circuit Overseer tell that story as well.

about 15 years ago !!

He then went on to demonstrate how statements by the UN are cunningly worded to hide the fact that they will be getting rid of religion in the near future.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I heard a version of this same story thirty yrs, ago when i was 17 ! A group of us teenagers were at a "get-together" and a Pioneer heard from his Bethelite relative this same story .Had all of us young ones scared straight let me tell you . And isn't that the whole point of these JW urban legends, pass it along to keep the gullible to frightened to think critically ,intelligently ?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Hikaru, the news article does not say anything about destroying religion, it is just a religious newspaper reporting about the economy, etc... Stop the google alerts! Get a life!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Hikaru, Steve Kormendi is no longer Circuit Overseer, he has been an elder for more than several years now, so it is a very old urban legend. It is very painfully false to me. I even heard the exact story long time ago, so relax!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit