Latest United Nations-End of Religion-End of World alert

by Questions1 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Questions1
    Questions1

It has been awhile since I've posted anything, but I got this e-mail from someone who is on the edge of falling out of the Borg due to mental stress. I've attempted to verify the information, even called the United Nations, but haven't gotten to a person who can say if this meeting happened. Need help!!!! My gut says this is a contrived experience with many details just not adding up...but you never know. If it is a falsehood, I think it needs to be rebuffed. I quote from the email that was sent to me on Monday, October 20, 2008 by the stressed out JW... "From a Circuit Overseer in Georgia...Brother Steve Kormendi We had an interesting experience at our recent assembly. Though he has never been to college, this brother who grew up in the truth is so talented that he was able to obtain a high paying job. A while ago, his company assigned him to give a talk to the United Nations. He worried over what to speak about. After much deliberation, he finally managed to prepare his speech and showed it to his sister for her to read. His sister is also in the truth. As she read the proposed speech she couldn't believe her brother would deliver it, so she asked him if he was going to give that talk to the United Nations to which he replied yes. Well, he talked about the fighting and total disunity of the world and citied the major cause of it all -- religion. After stating a series of facts and statistics, he explained that there is one group that will never be found in that category - Jehovah's Witnesses - and then went on to show why that was the case. He spoke at length of the sovereignty of God's kingdom and how that kingdom will unite the plant. The talk wasn't given to the whole UN, but rather to a division of it having to do with economics. When he finished, he nervously wondered how his speech had been received. Eventually the chairman, who like the rest of the committee held a variety of university degrees said that the last thing he expected to hear about at that time was religion. He went on to say that there was certainly no doubt that religion was the cause of so many problems. You can imagine our brother's relief? Later, as the meeting was breaking up, he approached the three members of the committee with a question: So, when are you going after religion? They were stunned. They asked him: How do you know that is what we have planned? Our brother quickly replied: The bible foretold it in much detail. After consulting together for a few moments they declared that it would be happening soon because everything was already in place. As they left the room, one turned to our brother and quietly said -- Whatever your mission, get it done quickly, for it won't be long now! Wow! Talk about excited. This surely shows Jehovah our God has entrusted the truth of his word to the right organization!"

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

That my friend is a JW urban legend. There are variants of that story although my favorite is when a JW janitor who has a contract with the UN building in NYC finds the "plan" to destroy world religion either 1) laying on someone's desk or 2) in the trash can (the two versions I've seen). Complete BS. First, the UN has no power or authority to take such an action. Second, the backlash among the common person would be so violent that a world war would be sparked. As long as humans are on the earth, religion will be here in some form or fashion. If the destruction of the WTC in the name of religion didn't spark a world wide elimination, I doubt some speech to a unidentified subcommittee would. By the way, welcome to the forum!

• Questions1
    Questions1

Thanx for the kind words. I'm just learning again how to use this system and ended up putting the same story on four or five times. Then you have a Nimrod who wants to get all uptight about the fact that the story is third party. Now if you've been in the organization for just six months, you know that third, fourth, fifth, etc party news is how rumors in that or any other organization operates. Its just sad that the email came to be a few days ago, and people are still promoting it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Ugh! More Watchtower propaganda!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, Steve Kormendi is no longer Circuit Overseer, he is an elder now for more than several years.

• sir82
    sir82
    Though he has never been to college, this brother who grew up in the truth is so talented that he was able to obtain a high paying job.

Gotta love how they sneak in the "college is evil evil EVIL!!! See, you can get a high paying job without it" message in the middle of an urban legend about something else entirely.

Sneaky sons-of-a-gun, ain't they?

• asilentone
    asilentone

The more I read it, I believe it is urban legend, whoever wrote it probably did it like "thecoratic warfare strategy" to get us back to the hall ASAP.

• avengers
    avengers

Baloney

• snowbird
    snowbird
    ... one turned to our brother and quietly said -- Whatever your mission, get it done quickly...

LOL. This reminds me of Jesus' words to Judas Iscariot.

From The Message Bible:

John 13:27 "What you must do," said Jesus, "do. Do it and get it over with."

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit