Interesting scans of new lit - 2009 WT, Oct 2008 KM, and a new tract

by DoomVoyager 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I found these articles intriguing. I'll let them speak for themselves. The first is from the January 2009 WT; kool-aid edition; second from the October 2008 KM, the last is a new tract.

Oh, and I apologize for the poor lighting. They're not really "scans".

alt

alt

alt

alt

• halcyon
    halcyon

From the KM: "Why not ask your family members what they would enjoy?"

"Um, I know, dad! Let's do research on just how bad tv entertainment has gotten these days!"

or how about: "Nothing, dad! We can't stand personal family bible study!!!"

• compound complex
    compound complex

It would seem that the formerly often-referenced "Faithful and Discreet Slave" has been replaced with the "Governing Body."

Shame, shame ...

Thanks for sharing this, DV.

CC

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Vomit Fest! I'm power Vomiting !

I feel ill just readin that Authoritative bible based Bullshit!

How did i ever believe this crap?

I claim insanity because no sane person could possible believe this Shit!

• carla
    carla

The area marked with ??? marks, I don't get it. Could be a few cocktails in me or could be regular jw nonsense. Can someone please explain what the heck they are talking about? thank you.

• watson
    watson

We need to move out the closet stored older publications.

• free2beme
    free2beme

What is up with discolored paper?

• garybuss
    garybuss

The offer for the month is any book printed on paper that discolors? OR any book printed BEFORE 1992?

Hahahaha!!!! This is the cutting edge Watch Tower Society of the 21 century!!!! This news must have "false" religion quaking in their boots. Hahahaha!!!!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

They're just wanting to move old stock (and presumably get some contributions for them as they're of the expensive hard-back variety). Cha-ching!

Imagine asking money for discoloured books!

Most halls have a shelf full of these out-of-date books sitting there gathering dust. Such a shame...

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Nobody has commented on the WT yet, which is what I found most interesting. They claim they are not expecting a "mass conversion" of non-Christians, and apply "the rest of the men" to mean Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus etc. I see this as a form of damage control to be used against people who point out that JWs have had no success in China, India, or hell, any of the Asian continent. For context, here is the verse in Revelation they are referring to:

20 But the rest of the men who were not killed by these plagues did not repent of the works of their hands, so that they should not worship the demons and the idols of gold and silver and copper and stone and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk; 21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their spiritistic practices nor of their fornication nor of their thefts.

As for the accouncement in the KM, I was confused by it too. In the past, they've issued announcements that any publisher who is holding old literature should bring it in to their congregation library, and the Cong then ships it to Bethel where it can be properly disposed of. (They don't want embarrassing "old light" getting into the wrong hands.) This announcement is the exact opposite of that. However, now that you mention the monetary benefits of having publishers slowly trickle these out into the field and get a little extra money for things printed 20 or 30 years ago, it does make some sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit