Council on new BS arrangement - get your barf bucket ready

by DoomVoyager 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In effect, they want people to waste the whole evening from 5 PM until 1:30 in the morning studying Washtowel publications. And then be up in time to report to the Kingdumb Hell for field circus at 5:30 the next morning.

I wonder what happens to those of us without family in the cancer, or those with unbelieving mates and no children. I guess that means the humanoid that dragged me into the cancer is going to "adopt" me as "family", so he can run every little detail of my life. Not that I would want to spend more than 7 hours with that slime bucket.

I think I will put out the white flag and give the victory to the Devil instead of that crap.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

For those asking about single people etc, here is the KM article detailing the new "arrangement". See paragraph 2.

alt

They covered that material tonight. Some comments made were, as well as I recall:

"It's a matter of life and death"
    "This new arrangement is as real as a command from Jehovah"

The speaker himself pointed out that the title of the article includes the word "vital", and then extrapolated on that conclude that anyone who didn't follow this new arrangement to the letter would certainly be destroyed at Armageddon. No fooling.

I got extremely pissed off and left and walked around in the back after that so I probably missed some other nuggets of verbal excrement exuded by the "friends".

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I think there's a lot of cognitive dissonance surrounding the book study change, so the friends are trying desperately to find a valid explanation for the new arrangement.

For years it was beat into our heads that the three weekly meeting nights were vitally important. If our job interfered with meeting attendance, then we were to quit our jobs, trust in Jehovah, and make sure we fulfilled our Scriptural requirement of meeting together with Jehovah's people. I actually quit my job years ago because it was affecting my meeting attendance. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, they pull the plug on the book study, the meeting that they've said was most important because it would play an integral role for us when the great tribulation struck.

A lot of the die-hards are having trouble understanding why the Society changed course so drastically all of a sudden, so they're searching for answers. You're going to see a lot of die-hards push the family study night real hard because they refuse to believe that the FDS would simply gut the meeting schedule when Armageddon is that much closer. They're grasping for an explanation that makes sense, but there really isn't one.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All I got in that scan was a blank black box with no text. And I think it is a disgrace to threaten that people will die for not obeying exactly what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells--I am sure many are going to veer into staying up way past normal, possibly as late as 2 AM or later (and children have school the next day).

It is going to get extremely stale quickly. If you spend 5 or 6 hours acting out Bible dramas or practicing field circus, it is going to be the most boring way to spend the evening after about 6 weeks, if not sooner. As long as I have anything to say about it, it will not be the TV that's on--it will be my Christmas lights and my computer, right on an apostate web site.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

WTWizard ; maybe try turning up your screen brightness and contrast? It's pretty dark.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That worked, and it sure was enough to make me want to puke. There is no way I am going to spend all damn evening, up until 2 AM, studying the washtowels and asleeps. And, if they think they are going to exploit that I have no family, all I am going to do on that night is write up apostate posts with my Christmas lights on and some nice rap music going (or whatever other bad songs I feel like playing).

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can't help it, every time is see the letters BS, i think of bulls#!+, and not 'book study'. Apropros, anyway, i think.

S

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Satanus,

Even after renaming it from "Book Study" to "Bible Study", it's still BS.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

When the Watchtower leadership uses the term "personal study", they are using a rather tawdry euphemism. "Personaly study" is really a personal indoctrination of Watchtower thinking. One is really absorbing and adopting Watchtower memes, adages, and languaging. The more that one commits this Watchtower group-think to memory and repeats it to others; the more "spiritual" they are considered to be. This is why The Watchtower leadership pushes heads of the household to study Watchtower publications with their children so much. Their children are being indoctrinated with Watchtower cultural conditioning from those they trust the most (their parents).

The Jehovah's Witnesses are not a people of Bible education as much as they are a people of conditioned organizational thinking. They are a people of centrally designed and enforced unanimity. This is why the bookstudy has been transfered to the Kingdom Halls. They are now under the confines of the headquarter's micro-management.

• chickpea
    chickpea

Crazy EmoticonsCrazy EmoticonsCrazy Emoticons

seriously! this kinda residue make me wanna scream!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit